Disney Vacation Club has revealed that the members-only lounge will open on June 6, 2016. Additionally, DVC has clarified several points regarding lounge access, including confirmation that members whose points were purchased resale after April 4, 2016 will not be eligible to use the lounge.
As part of the 25th anniversary of Disney's timeshare program, a private lounge is being created inside the Epcot theme park exclusively for use of Disney Vacation Club members.
Located on the second floor of the Imagination pavilion, the lounge will feature complimentary wifi Internet service, charging stations, free refreshments, comfortable seating and more. DVC Member Services advisors will be on hand to answer owner questions and help with vacation planning. Timeshare trading organization RCI will also have a representative present on weekdays to assist with exchange planning.
Entrance is available via the ImageWorks gift shop. Following is a list of details regarding lounge availability provided by Disney Vacation Club:
- Valid Membership Card and photo ID required at check-in.
- Party size is limited to the Member and up to 5 guests per Membership Card.
- No automatic re-entry allowed. Members and guests who leave the space must follow the same entry policy.
- Strollers must be parked at the attraction stroller parking outside.
- Children may not be left unattended in the Member Lounge.
- Members should remain with their guests.
- Personal devices should not be left unattended.
- Personal cups may not be used with the Coke Freestyle machines.
- Members who purchased on or after April 4, 2016 on the resale market are not eligible for entry unless they have an additional valid contract
(Thanks to DVCNews member "CarolMN" for the tip!)
Creation of the lounge has been linked to DVC's 25th anniversary celebration, occurring throughout 2016. However Disney has not provided any details indicating how long the lounge will remain available.