To celebrate National Cherry Day on July 16, Walt Disney World has shared the recipe for the signature cookie at Disney's Riviera Resort.
Dried cherries, chocolate chips and walnuts are just a few of the ingredients in the Riviera Signature Cookie. The sweet treat has proven very popular among many Riviera guests, and now fans can prepare them at home.
The Disney Parks Blog has shared the full recipe for the Riviera cookie which is also sold at Primo Piatto. The recipe is posted below, and is also available in PDF format courtesy of Disney.
RIVIERA SIGNATURE COOKIE
Primo Piatto, Disney’s Riviera Resort
Makes 18-24 cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/4 cup oats, ground
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, ground
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cup dried cherries, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sea salt flakes, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or
parchment paper; set aside.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl
Stir in ground oats and ground chocolate chips; set aside.
- Cream butter, both sugars, and molasses in the bowl of an electric mixer
fitted with a paddle attachment until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat on low speed until fully incorporated.
Add vanilla and beat, scraping the bowl as needed, for 1 minute.
- Add 1/3 of flour mixture and beat on low speed until just mixed. Continue
with remaining flour. Add walnuts, pistachios, dried cherries, and mini
chocolate chips and mix on low speed until fully incorporated into dough.
- Place six (1/4 cup) balls of dough on baking sheet. Flatten slightly and
top with desired amount of sea salt flakes.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes before moving to wire racks.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
Cook’s Note: For a thinner, crispier cookie, preheat oven to 375°F and bake for 7 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake 3 additional minutes.