Disney has updated a number of resort policies related to pool availability, fitness centers and resort activities.
When Disney Vacation Club resorts reopen on June 22, Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts will not be operating. Other feature pools "may operate with reduced hours", while leisure pools will remain available 24 hours per day.
Disney may have elected to leave Stormalong Bay shuttered due to anticipated low hotel occupancy rather than Covid-related restrictions. Disney Vacation Club's Complimentary Alternative Pool Use policy (aka Pool Hopping) remains in place, allowing DVC members at Disney's Beach Club Villas to hop to the pools at Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas or a variety of other locations.
Reduced capacity will be enforced at pools to encourage social distancing.
Resort fitness centers will reopen, but with reduced hours and capacity.
Expect these policies to be reevalutated as the theme park reopening draws nearer on July 11.
The complete list of resort amenity updates follows:
- Select dining locations will be available at Disney Resort hotels
- Feature pools may operate with reduced hours; leisure pools will be open 24 hours a day
- Pools will operate with reduced capacity to allow for physical distancing
- Select poolside activities may be available at select Resort hotels
- Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will not be available during the initial reopening period; Guests of this Disney Resort hotel may enjoy the leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas
Fitness Centers & Sports Courts
- Fitness centers will be open in alignment with state and county regulations, and may have reduced hours
- Fitness centers may have reduced hours and capacity
- Instructor-led fitness classes will not be available
- Fitness and sports courts will be open, and Guests must maintain physical distancing
- Activities and schedules will vary. The schedule of activities for your Disney Resort hotel will be shared during your stay.