Walt Disney World has issued a return to work notice for Cast Members at select dining locations, giving us a preview of which restaurants are likely to reopen on June 22 and others which are apparently on hold.
Gasparilla Island Grill at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Labor organizer Local 737 Unite Here has shared a list of food and beverage locations for which Disney cast members have been recalled to work. All of them are at resorts scheduled to reopen June 22, which includes all of the Disney Vacation Club resorts plus Disney's Ft Wilderness Resort & Campground. The venues are as follows:
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge: Sanaa and lounge, Maji, The Mara
- Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas: Trattoria Al Forno, Pizza Window, BoardWalk Bakery
- Disney's Contemporary Resort: The Wave, Contempo Cafe
- Disney's Ft. Wilderness Resort & Campground: P&J's Takeout, Meadows Snack Bar
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: Grand Floridian Cafe, Gasparilla Island Grill
- Disney's Old Key West Resort: Olivia's, Goods to Go
- Disney's Polynesian Village Resort: Kona Cafe, Captain Cook's, Pineapple Lanai
- Disney's Riviera Resort: Topolino's Terrace & bar, Primo Piatto, Le Petit Cafe
- Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa: Artist Palette, Paddock Grill
- Disney's Winderness Lodge: Whispering Canyon Cafe, Roaring Fork
- Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort: Beaches & Cream, Beach Club Marketplace
Missing from the list are most signature dining locations including California Grill, Victoria & Albert's, Flying Fish Cafe, Jiko and Yachtsman Steakhouse. Also absent are self-serve dining venues and character meals which officials have advised against as long as COVID-19 is a threat. Included are Chef Mickey's, Cape May Cafe, 1900 Park Fare and Boma.
Topolino's Terrace and Trattoria Al Forno typically host Disney character breakfasts but it seems unlikely that characters will be present upon reopening.
Other table service locations not currently recalling staff include ESPN Club at Disney's BoardWalk and The Turf Club at Saratoga Springs.
While the Disney Vacation Club resorts at Walt Disney World are scheduled to reopen on June 22, guest load is certain to be light until at least July 11 when the theme parks begin their phased reopening. Additional dining options may be added closer to the July theme park debut.