Disney declares more DVC inventory at the Polynesian

More than 90% of the twelfth Disney Vacation Club property is now available for member use.  

Polynesian Villas

On May 22, 2017, Disney Vacation Development declared seven Residential Units containing 32 studios for the Disney Vacation Club inventory at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows. These Residential Units are represented by 315,584 points. Physically, these 32 studios are located on the third floor of the Tokelau Longhouse.

Including this latest declaration, 16 bungalows and 344 studios have now been added to the DVC inventory. This accounts for 3,778,448 points, or 93.7% of the Polynesian’s 4,032,720 total points. There are four bungalows and 16 studios that have not yet been declared for the DVC inventory.

This declaration gives DVC members access to more rooms at the Polynesian. For every Use Day, 93.7% of the resort can be booked using DVC points; the remaining 6.3% is still owned and controlled by Disney, which can use it for cash reservations or other ways it desires.

Polynesian Villas Drawing

When fully declared, the Polynesian will include 20 bungalows and 360 studios.

This is the fifth declaration made by Disney for the Polynesian. The first declaration occurred on January 7, 2015 before sales began and included about 40.7% of the resort. The second declaration was almost a year later on January 25, 2016. As sales picked up for the Polynesian, so, too, have the declarations. In the last seven months there have now been three declarations made for the Polynesian.

With only four bungalows and 16 studios undeclared, there probably will be only one more declaration at the Polynesian. At the end of May 2017, Disney had about 875,000 Polynesian points it could sell to the general public.


Wil Lovato is a contributor to DVCNews.com and has been a Disney Vacation Club owner since 2009. His DVC Home Resorts include Bay Lake Tower, Animal Kingdom Villas, and Aulani. He can be found posting on many Disney discussion forums under the username of “wdrl.”


Email