Out with Ample Hills Creamery, in with BoardWalk Ice Cream at this Disney Vacation Club destination.
WDW News Today reports that BoardWalk Ice Cream is set to replace Ample Hills on Disney's BoardWalk. Located near the BoardWalk Bakery and Trattoria al Forno, the new quick service dining establishment will soon be serving guests in the late afternoon and evening hours.
Ice cream will be offered by the scoop in flavors which include chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, cookies 'n cream, rainbow sherbet, butter pecan, coffee, mint chocolate chip and a no sugar added chocolate-vanilla swirl.
A variety of specialty sundaes are also planned including:
- The Classic Wave of Double Scoop - Ice Cream Cup ($7.00): Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Butter Pecan, Cookies ‘n Cream, Mint Chocolate Chip, Rainbow Sherbet, Coffee, or Fat-free Chocolate or Vanilla
- Surf’s Up Sundae - Three Scoops ($10.00): Choice of one of the following toppings: Marshmallow, Strawberry, Pineapple, Peanut Butter, Hot Fudge, Caramel, or Chocolate Syrup topped with Whipped Cream, Toasted Almonds, and a Cherry. Additional Toppings 1 dollar each
- Bayside Brownie À la Mode ($9.00): A gooey, chewy Brownie, Hot Fudge, and Vanilla Ice Cream topped with Whipped Cream, Chocolate Sprinkles, and a Cherry
- Ride the Wave Sundae - Two Scoops ($8.00): Choice of one of the following toppings: Marshmallow, Strawberry, Pineapple, Peanut Butter, Hot Fudge, Caramel, or Chocolate Syrup topped with Whipped Cream, Toasted Almonds, and a Cherry. Additional Toppings 1 dollar each
- Shoreside Sundae ($11.00): Three Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream smothered in Hot Fudge, Marshmallow Topping, and SNICKERS® bar pieces topped with Whipped Cream, Chopped Peanuts, and a Cherry
Grand opening details have not been provided by Disney. However, operating hours of 3:00 to 10:00pm are now appearing on the Disney Dining website, suggesting its debut is imminent.
Ample Hills Creamery famously pulled out of its BoardWalk shop and a second location under construction at Disney Springs. The site had remained vacant since the resort reopened from COVID-19 in June 2020.
For additional photos and information, check out WDWNT.com.