Holiday decorations, shopping discounts for Disney Vacation Club members and a certain staffing change at The Walt Disney Company are just a few of the topics in this edition of DVCNews & Notes.
(Photo credit @dvcrentals)
Here are several recent news links of interest for current and prospective Disney Vacation Club owners:
- Wednesday, November 23 is the final day for DVC owners to save an additional 25% at ShopDisney.com; offer stacks with early Black Friday sales, log in with DVC website username and use code DVC25 at checkout
- WDW Magic has photos of this year's life-sized gingerbread house at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- DVCRentals has a look at the 2022 Christmas decorations at Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas
- The large banyan tree at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort has been moved from the site of the DVC tower to its new home next to the Aotearoa longhouse (via @bioreconstruct)
- Some new Disney Vacation Club member merchandise has appeared at Acorn Goods & Gifts at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel (via Disneyland News Today)
- Disney Cruise Line Blog has details on the purchase of unfinished cruise ship Global Dream, which is expected to join Disney's fleet in 2025 serving international markets
- In case you've been living under a rock, Bob Chapek has stepped down as CEO of The Walt Disney Company; Bob Iger returns under a 2-year deal (via New York Times)
- CNBC reports that Disney CFO Christine McCarthy privately approached board members with concerns, and that Chapek was "blindsided" by the move
- Among Iger's first moves was the firing of media distribution head Kareem Daniel, viewed by many as a Chapek protege; Iger tells employees "storytelling is what fuels this company, and it belongs at the center of how we organize our businesses" (via Yahoo Finance)
Do you like reading these News & Note segments? If you have feedback regarding this feature or other website & story links to share, hit us up at our website, Twitter or Facebook!