It's a coronavirus-fueled edition of DVCNews & Notes...along with a few other items from around the Disney Vacation Club world!
The latest news and links for Disney Vacation Club owners:
- WDWMagic.com has a progress report on the walkway connecting Magic Kingdom to Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- A semi truck had a close encounter with the porte cochere at Disney's Old Key West Resort (via Orlando Theme Park Zone)
- The Disneyland Hotel is beginning to refurbish some guest rooms according to MousePlanet.com, a project which they claim will segue into groundbreaking on the new DVC tower in fall 2020
- Search for "coronavirus" in the Disney mobile app for COVID-19 information and a list of neaby hand sanitizer locations (h/t WDW News Today)
- The Orlando Sentinel reports that Disney is waiving some penalties and fees associated with changing their vacation plans (still no word on formal policy change from Disney Vacation Club)
- Some Cast Members have expressed concern and confusion as Disney remains silent on future theme park operating changes related to the coronavirus (via The Verge)
- California has banned public gatherings of more than 250 people, a move which may impact Disneyland operations (via ABC)
- WDW News Today reports on changes to Disneyland Paris operations prompted by local coronavirus restrictions
Note that the coronavirus situation is particularly fluid at this time. The links above represent some relevant information at the time of publication, but situations are subject to change at any moment.