Disney Vacation Club members cannot enjoy the Riviera Pool or the Beau Soleil Pool unless they are registered guests at Disney's Rivera Resort.
Walt Disney World policies restrict guests to using swimming pools and water play areas located at the resort at which they are a registered guest. However, pool hopping is a long-time benefit which overrides this rule, allowing Disney Vacation Club owners to swim at a handful of Disney resort pools whenever they are using points for a stay in central Florida.
Several Walt Disney World pools are excluded from this perk, and the two pools of Disney's Riviera Resort are the latest to be restricted. The pools which are currently excluded from member pool hopping include:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort – Bay Cove Pool
- Disney's Art of Animation Resort – all pools
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas – leisure pool
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – all pools
- Disney's Polynesian Village Resort – The Lava Pool and leisure pool
- Disney's Riviera Resort - Riviera Pool and Beau Soleil Pool
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Boulder Ridge Cove Pool and The Copper Creek Springs Pool
- Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Stormalong Bay
Or perhaps more succinctly, following is the list of pools to which pool hopping is currently permitted:
- Disney's All Star Resorts – all pools
- Disney's Pop Century Resort – all pools
- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort – all pools
- Disney's Coronado Springs Resort – all pools
- Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside – all pools
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge – all pools
- Disney's Beach Club Resort – Tidal Pool
- Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas – all pools
- Disney's Contemporary Resort – Feature Pool
- Disney's Old Key West Resort – all pools
- Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa – all pools
- Disney's Yacht Club Resort – Admiral Pool
Continuned pool hopping availability at Caribbean Beach pools gives Riviera guests another convenient location to swim during their stay.
Note that pool hopping is subject to capacity restrictions and a series of blockout dates. Blockout dates surround major holiday periods including Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day and Thanksgiving. Pool hopping is currently unavailable from December 20, 2019 through January 2, 2020 for the Christmas holiday season.