Two recent Disney Vacation Club members exclusives have proven popular enough to earn an extension.
Bay Lake Tower's Top of the World Lounge is home to two exclusive DVC member events. The "Beverage Tasting Series" began in 2017 as a limited-time, weekly event. It has now been extended through June 2018 with a second event added during many weeks. Following is the schedule for the first half of 2018:
Tuesday Class Schedule
- February 20, 2018: Disney Family Wine Tasting
- March 6, 2018: Martini Tasting
- March 13, 2018: Mixology
- March 20, 2018: Tequila Tasting
- May 8, 2018: Tequila Tasting
- May 22, 2018: Mixology
- May 29, 2018: Bourbon Tasting
- June 26, 2018: Martini Tasting
Thursday Class Schedule
- February 1, 2018: Beer Tasting
- February 8, 2018: Mixology
- February 15, 2018: Tequila
- March 1, 2018: Liquor Bourbon Flight
- March 8, 2018: Beer Tasting
- March 15, 2018: Disney Family Wine Tasting
- March 22, 2018: Vodka Tasting
- April 12, 2018: Liquor Bourbon Flight
- April 19, 2018: Beer Tasting
- April 26, 2018: Mixology
- May 3, 2018: Disney Family Wine Tasting
- May 10, 2018: Liquor Bourbon Flight
- May 17, 2018: Beer Tasting
- May 24, 2018: Vodka Tasting
- June 7, 2018: Wine Tasting
- June 14, 2018: Liquor Bourbon Flight
- June 21, 2018: Beer Tasting
- June 28, 2018: Mixology
The sessions include beverages and a small food pairing. Cost is $40 per person, which includes tax and gratuity. Party size is limited to 4 including the Disney Vacation Club member. All participants must be age 21 or over, and a DVC member ID card and matching photo ID must be presented upon arrival.
Also offered at Top of the World Lounge is "Painting With a View." This class allows members to show their artistic side, creating a Disney-themed keepsake to take home after the vacation is over.
A morning session on Tuesdays offers a light breakfast and one complimentary alcoholic beverage. Thursday afternoon classes feature snacks and a complimentary glass of beer or wine. Soft drinks are included, while additional alcoholic beverages available for purchase. All necessary art supplies are included for the instructor-lead class.
Painting With a View is offered Tuesdays from 9:30 - 11:30am and Thursdays from 1:00 - 3:00pm. Participants must be ages 12 or older. Under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Guests must be 21 or older to consume alcohol.
To book either of these exclusive member experiences, contact Disney Vacation Club member services.
My brother-in-law and I were hoping to do the Beverage Tasting Series too on the same trip, but it wasn't being run in January. Glad to see it was extended, just too bad they skipped over January. Maybe it will be still going for our next trip in August.
They are before TOTWL opens. Here is what the [URL="https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/special/beverage-tasting-series/"]member website[/URL] shows:
- Dates: The Beverage Tasting Series is held select Tuesdays and Thursdays through June 2018
- Times: 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM
- Location: Top of the World Lounge within Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort