Disney Vacation Club merchandise now available at DisneyStore.com!

mt_ignore: Merchandise

Cable TV upgrade dates set

Written by Tim Krasniewski on . Posted in Member Perks News

Following January's unexplained false start, Disney has revealed the installation schedule for new cable television channels at its Walt Disney World resort hotels.

Installations begin today--March 13--at Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside.  The first Disney Vacation Club resort to be upgraded will be Disney's Old Key West Resort on Thursday March 15.  The complete list of install dates for DVC resorts is as follows:

Old Key West:  March 15
Saratoga Springs:  April 3
Animal Kingdom Lodge:  April 12
Beach Club:  April 17
BoardWalk:  April 19
Contemporary:  April 24
Wilderness Lodge:  May 3

The project is scheduled for completion on May 8 with Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground the last location to receive the upgrades.   All Value, Moderate, Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club resorts will receive the new cable TV channel lineup.

Guests staying at several Walt Disney World resorts received a notice in mid-January indicating that the upgrades would be performed later in the week.  That deadline passed with no further word on a revised timeline.

Among the channels scheduled to be added are Fox News, TNT, TBS, HGTV, Travel Channel, Food Network and the NFL Network.

Re: Cable TV upgrade dates set -- denlo
Tuesday, 13 March 2012 14:46
I have to admit we rarely turn on the TV at WDW, even to check to weather. I'd rather check my computer or iPad and skip hearing Stacey first thing in the morning. And the new channels don't give me much incentive to change my pattern.
Re: Cable TV upgrade dates set -- simbasmom
Tuesday, 13 March 2012 14:53
OK, I admit it-I'm a TV junkie. Now I can get my "Republican Propoganda" fix as Guy calls it (otherwise known as "The O'Reilly Factor"). And I can still watch "Chopped" when we're at OKW in April.
Re: Cable TV upgrade dates set -- CFRivera
Tuesday, 13 March 2012 18:31
Someone actually watches TV while at Disney?
Re: Cable TV upgrade dates set -- lllovell
Tuesday, 13 March 2012 18:40
We used to watch more than we do now. We would allow the tv to keep the kids happy while hubby and I did things to get ready for the parks or for 10 or 15 minutes before bed. We turned it on once during our last trip while trying to get everyone settled in for a midday nap. A little Dr. Dolittle and everyone was sawing logs soon there after.

Since I am no longer rocking babies, feeding babies or other things that require me to be "still" in the room (other than sleeping when I don't need the tv), I doubt we will notice much. The few times I have flipped through the channels lately (last 2-3 years), they do seem lacking so I am glad for the boost for those that want to watch.

Laura
Re: Cable TV upgrade dates set -- Ranger275
Tuesday, 13 March 2012 19:43
I really don't understand why they are even annoucing it unless they had a lot of complaints before. I might turn on the local morning news or something right before bed but I might as well stay home if I am going to watch TV at Disney.

Actually the TV system on the cruise ship is better than at the parks. On the Dream you can watch quite a few on demand movies including a bunch of Disney and Pixar movies which is pretty cool in my opinion.

DVCNews Saratoga Springs walkway progress - April 2014: Workers continue to make progress on the walkway / dock w... http://t.co/MOFyYfxF5Q #DVC
3hreplyretweetfavorite