Disney Vacation Club merchandise now available at DisneyStore.com!

mt_ignore: Merchandise

Grand Floridian 2013 and 2014 points charts

Written by Tim Krasniewski on . Posted in Villas at Grand Floridian

Inside are the just-released 2013 and 2014 points charts for the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, along with some early cost comparisons with another Disney Vacation Club property.

Point values for the Grand Floridian appear to represent a new high in relation to other Walt Disney World based resorts.  For instance, a Two Bedroom Villa at the Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort during Magic Season is priced at the following:

Standard View:  48 weekday / 57 weekend
Lake View:  52 / 63
Theme Park View:  64 / 76

The same room at the Grand Floridian villas features a noteworthy increase in cost:

Standard View:  64 weekday / 75 weekend
Lake View:  74 / 88

Nightly point costs at the Grand Floridian run 30-40% higher than comparable views at Bay Lake Tower.   In fact, the price for Grand Floridian Lake View rooms are constently higher than even the Magic Kingdom theme park view at Bay Lake Tower.

Complete point charts for 2013 and 2014 are located below (click to enlarge.)

Grand Floridian 2013

Grand Floridian 2014

Re: Grand Floridian 2013 and 2014 points charts -- simbasmom
Monday, 20 May 2013 19:33
I must admit that the points aren't as "bad" (how many per night are needed) as I expected. However, I'm such a point miser, and the only reson I'd stay at the GF Villas is to tick it off my list of DVC resorts to stay at. So for me, it's just not worth the points cost. That's the same reason we haven't stayed at BLT.
Re: Grand Floridian 2013 and 2014 points charts -- denlo
Monday, 20 May 2013 19:46
I have to admit that although we will never buy there as we own at BLT and don't need a second monorail resort, we are now thinking about switching our reservation in November to VGF. But, do we have enough points to do that? That's the kicker. They might not be that much higher than BLT or similar to VGF, but we're staying in a value at AKV. That's a big difference. We'll see.
Vgf -- drcoulsey
Tuesday, 21 May 2013 01:37
After looking at the new points chart, I noticed that the Grand Villa is 3-BR, not the 4BR originally reported.
Re: Grand Floridian 2013 and 2014 points charts -- TimK
Tuesday, 21 May 2013 03:20
drcoulsey wrote:

On the drawings that Disney itself filed with the county, there are four bedrooms labeled in the floorplan.

That said, some are claiming that one of the four rooms will be marketed as a "media room." It will reportedly include a sofa bed, so it could still serve as a fourth bedroom.

DVC will release more sales-friendly floorplans in the next couple of days. When that happens, all questions will be answered.
Re: Grand Floridian 2013 and 2014 points charts -- KVanHilton
Wednesday, 22 May 2013 14:13
I looked at points for switching my 3 night standard view 1 bedroom at AKL (100 points) over to a standard view one bedroom at VGF and it would cost me 156 points. I think my heart just stopped. That's a lot of points for 3 nights.

DVCNews DVCNews Debates: Best View: There are many different balcony views offered by the various Disney Vacati... http://t.co/gsafyQCg2K #DVC

Wed Jul 23 @14:00 - 03:00PM