Chef Mickey's Maintenance Rescheduled

Maintenance originally planned for July and August 2017 has been delayed until later this year.

BLT Chef Mickeys

Popular character dining location Chef Mickey's will relocate to the convention center at Disney's Contemporary Resort during late-November and December 2017.  Exact dates have not been specified.  

The move was originally slated to occur between July 28 and August 13 but was later cancelled.  Unscheduled maintenance needs in the buffet's current location are being blamed for the relocation.  There is still no word on exactly what maintenance tasks crews intend to perform.  

Disney continues to offer dining reservations for "Chef Mickey's" during this period.  Reservations can be secured online at MyDisneyExperience.com or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.  

Reader Comments
Thanksgiving cancelled? -- EmilyKM1222
2017 Sep 01 01:14:01 PM
The DVC thanksgiving was supposed to take place in the Contemporary convention center, it even mentioned it in Disney Files an issue or two ago. It has not been available to book and I am guessing this is why. I am going to be very disappointed if they cancel Thanksgiving instead of relocating it to one of the other convention centers.
Re: Chef Mickey's Maintenance Rescheduled -- denlo
2017 Sep 01 03:05:18 PM
EmilyKM1222 wrote:
The DVC thanksgiving was supposed to take place in the Contemporary convention center, it even mentioned it in Disney Files an issue or two ago. It has not been available to book and I am guessing this is why. I am going to be very disappointed if they cancel Thanksgiving instead of relocating it to one of the other convention centers.

I remember seeing information about on the Disney Parks Blog as well. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/08/make-thanksgiving-plans-with-disney-vacation-club-this-fall/
It is possible that it is already sold out since many of the restaurants at WDW are booked for Thanksgiving. I suggest you call member services direct and see if there is any availability.
Re: Chef Mickey's Maintenance Rescheduled -- JaxFLBear
2017 Sep 01 03:45:22 PM
EmilyKM1222 wrote:
The DVC thanksgiving was supposed to take place in the Contemporary convention center, it even mentioned it in Disney Files an issue or two ago. It has not been available to book and I am guessing this is why. I am going to be very disappointed if they cancel Thanksgiving instead of relocating it to one of the other convention centers.
The Contemporary has 115,000 sq feet of convention space available. I doubt the Chef Mickey relocation will have any impact on the planned DVC Thanksgiving event.
Re: Chef Mickey's Maintenance Rescheduled -- EmilyKM1222
2017 Sep 07 10:35:19 AM
JaxFLBear wrote:
The Contemporary has 115,000 sq feet of convention space available. I doubt the Chef Mickey relocation will have any impact on the planned DVC Thanksgiving event.

When I called member services they said that all they could confirm is that Chef Mickey's was moved to the location where DVC Thanksgiving was planned, and that it would likely need to be moved to another resort if possible. They couldn't give me any other info unfortunately.
Re: Chef Mickey's Maintenance Rescheduled -- EmilyKM1222
2017 Sep 07 10:37:14 AM
denlo wrote:
I remember seeing information about on the Disney Parks Blog as well. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/08/make-thanksgiving-plans-with-disney-vacation-club-this-fall/
It is possible that it is already sold out since many of the restaurants at WDW are booked for Thanksgiving. I suggest you call member services direct and see if there is any availability.


So we have backup reservations for Dinner, but the DVC event has not been for sale yet so it's definitely not sold out. I was told to just keep checking member benefits daily to see if it would show up.

Email

Related Content