Disney Vacation Club owners can earn rewards when they "Dream It Foward" and share the benefits of Disney's timeshare program with friends and family.
At the end of 2013, Disney Vacation Club shuttered its long-running "Sharing the Magic" referral program which allowed some members to receive bonuses when referring new buyers. Owners could earn Disney Gift Cards or annual dues credits ranging from $200 to $1000 for sending new business to DVC.
In late 2014 DVC added a feature to the member website dubbed "Introduce-A-Friend." This feature allowed owners to submit the name and contact info of their friends, who would then presumably be contacted by a Disney Vacation Club representative. No bonuses or incentives were given out for introducing a friend to DVC in this manner.
Now Disney has launched the "Dream It Foward" program. As with the prior options, members can submit the name and contact information of friends and family who may be candidates for Disney Vacation Club ownership. Should these referred individuals end up purchasing an ownership interest direct from DVC, the referring member is eligible for a "thank you" reward.
The rewards are not explicitly spelled out at this time. According to the program's Terms and Conditions, the reward will be a "Disney Experience", some item with no monetary value such as a dining or entertainment event, which is valued at a minimum of $120.
Numerous other clauses and conditions apply to the program:
- The "Introduced Guest" may not be a current Disney Vacation Club member
- The purchase must be made within 12 months of the referral
- Members can only introduce a maximum of 12 members per year
- If an individual is referred by multiple members, the reward will go to the first member to submit the "introduction"
- Members will be notified of a reward via email within 30-45 days of the purchase closing
- "Disney Experience" rewards must be redeemed within 12 months of being awarded
- Experiences may not be transferred, sold or bartered; no cash alternative will be offered
- Only one Experience may be redeemed per member, per year
- The program is open only to members living in the following jurisdictions: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawai`i, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah and Washington
For additional details or to submit an "Introduction", visit DVCMember.com and click on "My DVC Membership" then "Dream It Forward."
I find it interesting that the fine print says a member could make up to 12 referrals a year, but can only use one 'experience' per year.
It will be interesting to see what the rewards will be. I can see that a reward could be based on the number of points purchased. If my referred friend only buys 50 points it would mean a $120 valued experience but if the buyer purchased 500 points it would be a more valuable experience.
Although I would always have to remind my referral about buying resale and saving some money. So maybe I wouldn't be eligible for a reward anyway.