Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer FASTPASS bonus at Disneyland

Tim Krasniewski Guest

Default Summer FASTPASS bonus at Disneyland

With a number of new attraction openings scheduled for the summer of 2011, a special FASTPASS perk has been established for cash guests and Disney Vacation Club members staying at any of the three Disneyland Resort hotels.

View complete article

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Summer FASTPASS bonus at Disneyland

For each hotel guest, that's a lot of fast passes!

I guess we'll find out how giving out FPs as perk will affect the FP queue. Hopefully somebody that is traveling there soon, will let us know how it works.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

It's only two per person, per trip. We have a 6N/7D trip coming up and should get 18 total FPs for our entire group.

With the Disneyland Hotel undergoing refurb, I believe there are less than 2000 eligible rooms. We can only guess at the average room occupancy and length of stay. My guess is it would probably add about 1500 guests per day to the FP queues. Not too bad spread over a dozen or so eligible FP attractions.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Disney will issue separate FastPass Cards --like the ones DVD hands out when you take a tour -- or whether the FastPasses will be hard coded into your room keys.

Sure wish Disney would expand this offer to include WDW. We will be at WDW from June 7th to 17th. Why do I suspect Disney will roll out the WDW FastPasses beginning June 18th???

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they decide to make that an ongoing gift. It used to mean something special when only disneyland hotel guests had early admission - back when they only had the one hotel. Now, I think all their good neighbor hotels offer it. I haven't been to it in years because the lines are so long to get in.

Fastpasses for paying to stay in the Hotels is reasonable to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm torn on this one.

I like the idea of the FPs.

However, I've also been in DHS customer area (up front) when a father was screaming at every CM saying that this was his third day coming and FPs were gone from TSM before he could get there.

Most rational people would simply arrive earlier. Unfortunately, we've probably all seen some who aren't rational and feel as though they deserve special treatment.

As long as it doesn't make the CMs life miserable, I think it's a good idea to provide a few FPs depending on the length of stay.

One thing I would like to see them add is that it would be a variable number of FPs per guest depending on the length of stay.

Otherwise, I fear people would book more split stays to get the FPs. The result would be more checkin/checkout problems and more cleaning, resulting in higher dues.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think if Disney wanted to get around the split stay and giving out extra fast passes, they could just remind the member that they have the same reservation number for each segment and it's one set of FPs for each reservation number.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Good point. I forgot that they changed to using the same reservation number for split stays.

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding!

Assuming they will implement this soon at WDW. I wonder if it will begin with only Deluxe stays rate. Giving FP out to ALL resort guests may tilt the system out of whack a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like Disney received a wake up call from Harry Potter.

First the Fantasyland expansion.

Now the first step towards Universal's Express ride pass for onsite guests.