Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mice at The Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mice at The Boardwalk

Mice as in "I saw a mouse", not that I want to rent a water craft.

Is it a known issue that there are mice at The Boardwalk?

I was walking through there last night showing my boyfriend the adorable Cottages when a large mouse ran from some ground cover across the sidewalk and into ground cover on the other side of the sidewalk. I thought "things that make you go hmm". I'm a lover of most things alive, i.e. I'll catch a spider in the house and then set it free outside (sorry--this kindness does not extend to mosquitoes. But, during our short walk in the area, we must have seen about 15 mice do the same thing. This was probably my first time in that area after dark so maybe it's something that is known but I haven't experienced before?

Do you know how hard it is to google "Disney Boardwalk mouse"? lol! I would imagine anything disney + mouse isn't going to return what I'd like to find out haha!

Post Thanks / Like

I've never seen that, luckily, cause I'd have probably had a heart attack. i've never heard anyone mention it either.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess if it's new, visitor beware lol!. I'm not squeamish but did get to a point where I was looking down the whole time I was walking on the sidewalk.

Post Thanks / Like

Florida is in the south and all rodents can be problems in the south. Since food is sold on the Boardwalk and people are eating it and crumbs drop as they walk around I would be surprised if mice or even small roof rats are a problem. I would report it to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com since it is not a DVC matter but a Disney Resort since the cottages are part of the hotel.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

I’d be much more concerned about seeing mice inside the building as opposed to outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It seems that I've seen rat traps around-I didn't even know what they were until I finally asked a CM. So I suspect it's a problem.