Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Nature inspired mixed-use resort (hotel & DVC) announced for Bay Lake!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nature inspired mixed-use resort (hotel & DVC) announced for Bay Lake!

Michael

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like this new resort may be built near the old River Country.
    ~Linda

Next scheduled trips
    Jan. 17-21 (All Star Music family suite)
    Aug. 9-12 (SSR)
    Aug. 12-16 DCL-Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe after they build the next 20 or 30 resorts they will start addressing the crowd levels? I do not want to bring Disney to the poor house by stopping resort growth, heaven knows they MUST be just sqeaking by since they upper ticket prices, annual pass prices, parking prices, snack prices in the last couple months. Maybe we should hold a fund raiser?
    But isn't it about time to get on about some park growth?
    I am waiting for the day when I walk from BLT over to MK and they tell me I cannot get in as it has reached max capacity. It sure feels like it is many days to us...I cannot image 900 X # of people added it, plus the Riviera, plus god knows what else.
    I have come to a realization that unsettles me....instead of touting disney and extolling their product like I did many many years ago when we became DVC members we were so enthralled, now it just seems like every day they are giving me something to complain about. Sadly. I guess I am spoiled by how it was years ago...in the 70's thru 90's. Maybe if I had never experienced "before", I would not mind the new normal.

Post Thanks / Like

There are a couple of articles on the main DVC News page regarding this Nature Resort at the old River Country site. Since you already have seen the announcement here is the second article, What We Know About Disney's "Nature" Themed" Resort - https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resort...-themed-resort You can apply to this article by logging into Twitter or FaceBook or by just joining Disqus direct.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dan58diz View Post
    Maybe after they build the next 20 or 30 resorts they will start addressing the crowd levels? I do not want to bring Disney to the poor house by stopping resort growth, heaven knows they MUST be just sqeaking by since they upper ticket prices, annual pass prices, parking prices, snack prices in the last couple months. Maybe we should hold a fund raiser?
    But isn't it about time to get on about some park growth?
    I am waiting for the day when I walk from BLT over to MK and they tell me I cannot get in as it has reached max capacity. It sure feels like it is many days to us...I cannot image 900 X # of people added it, plus the Riviera, plus god knows what else.
    I have come to a realization that unsettles me....instead of touting disney and extolling their product like I did many many years ago when we became DVC members we were so enthralled, now it just seems like every day they are giving me something to complain about. Sadly. I guess I am spoiled by how it was years ago...in the 70's thru 90's. Maybe if I had never experienced "before", I would not mind the new normal.