Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DVC discount for AP?

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC discount for AP?

Has anyone heard about any upcoming DVC discount for an AP? My AP expires in a month and I hope to renew with a discount if available.
    ~Linda

Next scheduled trips
    Jan. 17-21 (All Star Music family suite)
    Aug. 9-12 (SSR)
    Aug. 12-16 DCL-Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

No rumors for any additional discount on top of the already discounted member pricing. Most believe there won't be any promotions this year with the Star Wars land at DHS opening next year.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to read the new article on the main page about the new DVC AP prices. https://dvcnews.com/index.php/other-...rices-increase
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    You might want to read the new article on the main page about the new DVC AP prices. https://dvcnews.com/index.php/other-...rices-increase
    I did read the article. The new price of $609 for a Gold AP is still cheaper than buying a 4-day park hopper ticket in January plus a 3-day park hopper ticket in August. Unless I’m doing the math wrong, the AP is a better deal.
    ~Linda

Next scheduled trips
    Aug. 9-12 (SSR)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drcoulsey View Post
    I did read the article. The new price of $609 for a Gold AP is still cheaper than buying a 4-day park hopper ticket in January plus a 3-day park hopper ticket in August. Unless I’m doing the math wrong, the AP is a better deal.
    Wow, that means it only takes 7 days to make the Gold AP worth buying. Very interesting.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Wow, that means it only takes 7 days to make the Gold AP worth buying. Very interesting.
    I did the math because I couldn’t believe it, either, Denise. If I buy a 4-day parkhopper in January, it is $458+ tax. A 3-day park hopper in August will be $376. So for our 2 trips, the cost of tickets would be $834+ tax. A Gold AP with the DVC discount is only $609. That is more than a $200 difference!
    ~Linda

Next scheduled trips
    Aug. 9-12 (SSR)

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I'm gonna be upgrading my 3D PH in December. I have to use a day first - right?

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
    Guess I'm gonna be upgrading my 3D PH in December. I have to use a day first - right?
    I have to admit that I haven't done the math as we have purchased APs for years. I would compare the price of an Gold AP and the tickets you have purchased and the dates you plan to go again in 2019 before upgrading. Since the ticket prices really vary in cost depending on the dates you are going it will vary for each guest on whether it is worth upgrading. It is my understanding that you can upgrade now before using the ticket or after using it. You can read this thread on the Disboards for more details. https://www.disboards.com/threads/al...#post-56958170 They haven't done the cost comparisons yet with the new ticket pricing. I expect that it will be difficult to price compare in an article since ticket prices vary from weekday to weekend and seasons.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday I went into ticketing and put in the dates I thought we'd be using park tickets. So the amounts vary a bit but not that much (Dec 3DPH 384.13 / Apr 3DPH 379.88 - May 2DPH 271.54 / June 2DPH 289.48) and result shows the Gold AP at 609 is the winning answer. I did verify the blackout dates - the only hit being the last day of our April vacation but with that being a travel day the odds of us doing parks on that day is nil.

I do wish we could pay monthly for tickets like Floridians but I'll take the ability to purchase the Gold AP. Unfortunately youngest DD's new heater caused a severe hit to my ticket/dues account. Oh well = happy birthday / merry Christmas

Janet & Dan

10. Thanks denlo thanked for this post