Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riviera Construction Update - September 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Default Riviera Construction Update - September 2018

With a projected opening in fall 2019, the fifteenth Disney Vacation Club resort is only about a year away from its debut.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

With 300 vacation homes I was expecting the Riviera to be large, but it looks huge.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Riviera Construction Update - September 2018

It appears to me that this won't be 100% DVC. As large as it is it would seem that there will be a regular resort component in addition to DVC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disBOBney View Post
    It appears to me that this won't be 100% DVC. As large as it is it would seem that there will be a regular resort component in addition to DVC.
    No it was announced as strictly DVC. https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resort...riviera-resort
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    With 300 vacation homes I was expecting the Riviera to be large, but it looks huge.
    It will have approximately the same number of vacation homes as BLT (295). Riviera is 9 floors while BLT is 16. If you were to removed those extra floors from BLT and expand the footprint accordingly, I would suspect you would end up with a building the size of Riviera.
    Michael

6. Likes denlo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
    It will have approximately the same number of vacation homes as BLT (295). Riviera is 9 floors while BLT is 16. If you were to removed those extra floors from BLT and expand the footprint accordingly, I would suspect you would end up with a building the size of Riviera.
    The lattice work of scaffolding on the exterior of the building creates a bit of an optical illusion about the size of the Riviera. When I first viewed the photo and video, I thought each level of scaffolding represented a separate floor of the building. Since there are 14 or 15 levels of scaffolding, I thought the building had 14 or 15 floors.

Post Thanks / Like

When do you think they will allow booking to begin?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PamelaRachel View Post
    When do you think they will allow booking to begin?
    There are still too many variables at play to make a guess as to when booking will begin for the Disney's Riviera Resort (DRR).

Bookings by DVC members for the Villas at Grand Floridian, the Polynesian, and Copper Creek began 153 days, 79 days, and 131 days, respectively, before each resort opened. That averages out to about 120 days before opening date. So, if the Riviera follows the pattern of one of the other DVC resorts (and that is a pretty big IF), it might start taking reservations anywhere from 79 days to 153 days before opening.

However, we still don't know when the Riviera might open. The only thing Disney has said is "Fall 2019", which could mean that it might open in September 2019, or maybe as late as December 2019.

Still too many "ifs" at play to guess when bookings might begin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disBOBney View Post

By law it would have to have a regular resort component. All DVC resorts must have a section open to the public.
    DVC owners at VGC and OKW since 1/2010

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CFRivera View Post
    By law it would have to have a regular resort component. All DVC resorts must have a section open to the public.
    Are you referring to hotel rooms or just public areas like a restaurant? There is a restaurant on the roof of the building. If it is rooms what area is for the public use at SSR and OKW?
    --Denise