Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Theme Park Price Ticket Increase as of October 16, 2018?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Theme Park Price Ticket Increase as of October 16, 2018?

I just got notified by Disney Fanatic that Disney is raising the cost of their park tickets. I'm assuming this will include annual passes. Will the DVC discounted annual passes also increase on this date? I'm assuming they will increase tickets for everyone? Our passes expire on 10/31 so I want to make sure I renew before 10/16 if that is the case.
    ~Diana

Post Thanks / Like

Disney is changing to date based pricing for daily theme park tickets. Outside of that, there is no confirmation if annual pass prices will change then as well. If they do, it would be the 2nd price increase in the calendar year.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...based-tickets/
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

I have an annual pass but when I invite my family to join me at WDW, I always buy their parkhopper tickets through UT. Now I am undecided as to what to do. The other day I received an email from UT announcing a sale of $5 off ticket prices. I was about to purchase them for our upcoming January trip but thought that perhaps with the new pricing system, Jan. ticket prices might be lower through Disney than through UT. The only flaw in waiting is that our Jan. trip will be on the long MLK holiday weekend. I suspect any holiday weekend will have higher prices.
    ~Linda

Next scheduled trips
    Sept. 28-Oct. 3 (Aulani)
    Oct. 3-6 DL/DCA (GC-waitlist)
    Jan. 17-21 (All Star Music family suite)
    Aug. 9-12 (SSR)
    Aug. 12-16 DCL-Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=drcoulsey;199599]I have an annual pass but when I invite my family to join me at WDW, I always buy their parkhopper tickets through UT. Now I am undecided as to what to do. The other day I received an email from UT announcing a sale of $5 off ticket prices. I was about to purchase them for our upcoming January trip but thought that perhaps with the new pricing system, Jan. ticket prices might be lower through Disney than through UT. The only flaw in waiting is that our Jan. trip will be on the long MLK holiday weekend. I suspect any holiday weekend will have higher prices.[/QUthaOTE]

I would assume that the 3 day U.S. holiday weekends would be higher, but I don't know if those weekends wil be the same as Easter and Christmas weeks. You might look at the pricing for Disneyland to see the price increases between the dates. I know WDWs pricing is lower but the increases between dates will probably be similar.

It will be interesting to see if Food and Wine and Race weekends increases. Based on DLRA's pricing popular periods really jump in price.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House