Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Character Dining Confirmed for Artist Point

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Missouri City, TX
    Posts
    15,696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comrierocks View Post
    I am curious as the post indicates October 28 is the last date for reservations however I have a confirmed reservation on November 1. This reservation was booked exactly 180 days prior so I am curious if this means my reservation is or will be cancelled. Have never eaten at Artist Point so was looking forward to it. Thoughts?
    I would call the Disney Dine line and confirm that the restaurant is open on November 1st. It probably is since you have a reservation, but personally I would fee better confirming it. Let us know what date dining says Artist Point will be closing.
    --Denise

    Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

    11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House


  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I just called in and they confirmed my November 1 reservation is still showing as valid and also said that Artist Point was showing regular hours through November. She indicated that it is showing that it is being transitioned to the Storybook Dining however could not provide a date and could not confirm if the restaurant would would be closing at all. She indicated if there is a change in the coming weeks to my reservation I would be contacted. I guess time will tell if my reservation will be cancelled or not.

  3. Thanks denlo thanked for this post
  4. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Missouri City, TX
    Posts
    15,696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comrierocks View Post
    I just called in and they confirmed my November 1 reservation is still showing as valid and also said that Artist Point was showing regular hours through November. She indicated that it is showing that it is being transitioned to the Storybook Dining however could not provide a date and could not confirm if the restaurant would would be closing at all. She indicated if there is a change in the coming weeks to my reservation I would be contacted. I guess time will tell if my reservation will be cancelled or not.
    Thanks for letting us know.
    --Denise

    Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

    11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House


  5. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    418
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My daughter and her daughters love Snow White so they are hoping we will be able to get a reservation for this for when they come down to stay with us.
    ~Diana





  6. Thanks Lmownsby thanked for this post
    Likes athenna liked this post
  7. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Character Dining at Artist Point?? What An Unwelcomed Change!

    Once again Disney has forgotten what its success is built upon in its rush to change something...anything. My wife & I have enjoyed Artist Point for years and anyone who hasn't bothered to dine there has missed one of the best on-property dining locales. We have never had anything even approaching a bad experience at Artist Point and the service is ALWAYS top notch. Who really needs another character dining experience when we're already awash in so many already??

    Artist Point offered a wonderful respite to the mad din of walk-up, noisy, stake-out-a-place-to-sit, fast-food oriented meals around WDW. Shame on you Disney for bringing character dining to a significant property like Wilderness Lodge. If you just had to do so, it would have been far more appropriate to have reconfigured Whispering Canyon to be character dining than to scuttle Artist Point. My wife & I have raised our family and endured many, many character dining experiences in venues where one expects such things to be conducted. Artist Point was a safe haven for great dining in a wonderful locale far, far, away from those other places.

    Though Disney touts its more "adult venues" that often translates into the ruckus of wannabe night clubs at Disney Springs rather than true, fine dining in an overall atmosphere of calmness, serenity, and Northwest rustic elegance. What a sad decision.

  8. Thanks KNWVIKING 2.0, Donovanh thanked for this post
    Likes KNWVIKING 2.0, Lmownsby liked this post
  9. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gsownsby View Post
    Once again Disney has forgotten what its success is built upon in its rush to change something...anything. My wife & I have enjoyed Artist Point for years and anyone who hasn't bothered to dine there has missed one of the best on-property dining locales. We have never had anything even approaching a bad experience at Artist Point and the service is ALWAYS top notch. Who really needs another character dining experience when we're already awash in so many already??

    Artist Point offered a wonderful respite to the mad din of walk-up, noisy, stake-out-a-place-to-sit, fast-food oriented meals around WDW. Shame on you Disney for bringing character dining to a significant property like Wilderness Lodge. If you just had to do so, it would have been far more appropriate to have reconfigured Whispering Canyon to be character dining than to scuttle Artist Point. My wife & I have raised our family and endured many, many character dining experiences in venues where one expects such things to be conducted. Artist Point was a safe haven for great dining in a wonderful locale far, far, away from those other places.

    Though Disney touts its more "adult venues" that often translates into the ruckus of wannabe night clubs at Disney Springs rather than true, fine dining in an overall atmosphere of calmness, serenity, and Northwest rustic elegance. What a sad decision.
    Amen!

  10. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    711
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gsownsby View Post
    Once again Disney has forgotten what its success is built upon in its rush to change something...anything.
    I always thought Disney's success was built upon animated cartoons

    Given that Snow White was the first full length featured animated film by Walt himself I'm kind of amazed there wasn't already a character breakfast. Previously the only place to meet the dwarfs was the Halloween party.
    WDW - POFQ, CS, ASM, BLT, OKW, VWL, AKL - (9 trips)
    DL - 4 trips
    DCL - 2 cruises
    Aulani - 3 trips




  11. Likes athenna liked this post
  12. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    East TN
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My wife absolutely HATES the AP restaurant but I have a really funny story about it. I'm a Scrooge McDuck fanatic and am always wearing shirts with Scrooge on them whether it be at home or at Disneyworld and when we ate once at the AP I was wearing a Scrooge McDuck shirt and my wife was really irritated because the AP is "nice" and I was wearing a Scrooge shirt in there. So I was just like "well I'm at Disneyworld and Scrooge is pertinent anywhere there" and "my shirt is cooler than every other shirt here" sorta just getting tickled at my wife being so uppity about it. So about halfway through our meal a waiter from a different section came over to our table and said "I'm really sorry to bother you but I just HAVE to tell you that your shirt is REALLY cool!" LOL!!! I thought my wife would lose her mind! She has always maintained that she hates the AP because she didn't think the food was very good but I've always maintained that she just didn't like my Scrooge shirt. LOL! But, with that being said, I'm actually glad they're gonna make a new character meal because we always enjoy doing them and Dopey and Grumpy will probably be pretty fun but I do hate to see the changes effect those that like more "adult" experiences at Disneyworld and feel like maybe they're seeing another one slip away.

  13. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    East TN
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkeef View Post
    I always thought Disney's success was built upon animated cartoons

    Given that Snow White was the first full length featured animated film by Walt himself I'm kind of amazed there wasn't already a character breakfast. Previously the only place to meet the dwarfs was the Halloween party.
    Yeah and I think it has been almost 10 years since Snow White actually appeared with them. Now it is just the Dwarfs at the party. We did get the photo op with Snow White and all the Dwarfs at the Halloween Party a long time ago but our kids weren't born yet and we only have the Dwarfs with them. The line is always outrageously long for that photo op too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •