Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Character Dining Confirmed for Artist Point

Post Thanks / Like

Default Character Dining Confirmed for Artist Point

This winter, Snow White and friends will take over Artist Point at Disney's Wilderness Lodge.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

This news sucks the proverbial bulge-water. There is no way this will be have any positive contributions for people who want an "adult" dining experience.

3. Likes PhilUp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be very interesting to see how popular this is. I'm still scratching my head about the suitability of Snow White at an American Northwest restaurant. I don't remember seeing her when we were at Yellowstone. There's just one positive thing for us-Dopey is DH's favorite character, and he was so disappointed when the GF stopped inviting his to breakfast 20 years ago. Thrilled he's back! But I hope it's just at breakfast.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that these days Snow White and her height-challenged friends are living down in Lake Village in Yellowstone. Unfortunately, the reports indicate the the character dining is not restricted to only breakfast.
    Last edited by Donovanh; 08-31-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I identify Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs with a forest and that fits in fine with Wilderness Lodge to me. Disney hasn't announced specifics but it sure sounds like it is going the dining format at Arkershus Royal Banquet Hall in the Norway Pavilion of Epcot. It was recently announced that Beauty and the Beast will have a similar format this winter. And I wouldn't be surprised if turns out to popular that Disney might open it for lunch as well. But still, after the newness wears off, I really don't expect guests staying in a monorail resort nor ones going to the Magic Kingdom will take the time to head over to Wilderness Lodge for another character meal.

I do hope that I will be able to get the mushroom soup and bread service at Geyser points if they are going to allow other Wilderness Lodge restaurants to serve some of Artist's Points menu items.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone who knows me knows Snow White is my #1 all time fave Disney character , so for me this is a positive. And if by some miracle I can actually go on the trip I have booked in February, I'm booking it.

8. Likes Diana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We've been visiting WL and its relatives (VWL, BRV, CCV) for nearly 20 years and in that time have been to Artist Point exactly once. So obviously the fate of AP will have zero impact on my feelings about the resort one way or the other. The new AP sounds interesting and if it draws me in more than once in the next 20 years, I guess one could consider Disney's move a success, in my case anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I have gone to the Artist Point restaurant at least once or twice a year. Ironically, it's has an extensive list of Oregon and Washington wines that we can't get here at home in Oregon. Every time we've gone to Artist Point we've ordered the Smoked Portobello Mushroom soup. We will really miss Artist Point.

On a side note, we visit Yellowstone on a regular basis and have gone to the real Artist Point on the south rim of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone many times. I should point out that the real Artist Point is on the eastern side of the Continental Divide. So, how Disney can qualify it as being in the Pacific Northwest remains a mystery to me.

11. Likes denlo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donovanh View Post
    . . .

On a side note, we visit Yellowstone on a regular basis and have gone to the real Artist Point on the south rim of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone many times. I should point out that the real Artist Point is on the eastern side of the Continental Divide. So, how Disney can qualify it as being in the Pacific Northwest remains a mystery to me.
    I wondered the same thing about moving Artist Point in Yellowstone to the Pacific Northwest.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

I am curious as the post indicates October 28 is the last date for reservations however I have a confirmed reservation on November 1. This reservation was booked exactly 180 days prior so I am curious if this means my reservation is or will be cancelled. Have never eaten at Artist Point so was looking forward to it. Thoughts?