Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Bungalow, Cabin or Grand Villa

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: Bungalow, Cabin or Grand Villa

Disney Vacation Club now has a variety of high-end accommodations for those seeking an extra magical stay. Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort features the watertop Bungalows, each with a private pool. At Copper Creek, the beachfront cabins sleep 8 while providing dramatic views of Bay Lake. And numerous resorts have 1-2 story Grand Villas which sleep up to 13 guests with special amenities ranging from media rooms to billiard tables.

Which elite DVC accommodation would you choose: Bunaglow, Cabin or Grand Villa?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

We have never stayed in a grand villa, bungalow, or cabin, nor in a concierge suite at a Disney cash resort. Studios are more our style. But if we ever wanted to splurge . . .

My first choice would be a cabin at Copper Creek. We took a tour of a cabin and I really liked the layout and amenities offered, as well as the view of Bay Lake. Our 40th wedding anniversary is coming up in 2020 and we are thinking that if we ever wanted to splurge, staying a night of two in a cabin would be a nice way to celebrate.

Is Disney still offering special FastPasses to guests who stay in its concierge level accommodations? A few months ago a new program started that allowed guests staying in the DVC bungalows and cabins to purchase extra FastPasses and to starting booking those FastPasses at 90 days rather than the normal 60-day window. Those special FastPasses would be a great way to make sure we get to ride the new Star Wars Land attractions. It just gives me an added incentive to stay in a cabin in 2020.

Post Thanks / Like

The Copper Creek cabin would be my choice as well.

Post Thanks / Like

We've never stayed in any of these either, but I think my choice would depend on who's going to be staying with us.
    We usually try for studios and often stay in 1 bedroom accommodations. We've stayed in two bedroom units twice when my daughter and her family were with us.
    Out family consists of two children, a son-in-law, and five grandchildren. I would love to have a time when they would all join us. I think that would require a grand villa so everyone was comfortable.
    I would also love to spend one night in a bungalow, but the points required have made me think twice about that.
    We have stayed in a concierge studio at AKV Jambo and loved it. Two of our grandchildren were with us and they loved it too.
    They liked it so much they barely wanted to go to the parks!
    The concierge lounge was awesome and they gathered a lot of information about the various areas of Africa where the concierge cast members were from.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    Is Disney still offering special FastPasses to guests who stay in its concierge level accommodations? A few months ago a new program started that allowed guests staying in the DVC bungalows and cabins to purchase extra FastPasses and to starting booking those FastPasses at 90 days rather than the normal 60-day window. Those special FastPasses would be a great way to make sure we get to ride the new Star Wars Land attractions. It just gives me an added incentive to stay in a cabin in 2020.
    Yes, for $50 per person per night with a 3 night minimum.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

I have daydreamed about some the grand villas at Jambo House, VGF and BLT, but I really would love to stay at a cabin. But since we rarely travel with family it would have to be for a special occasion and we do have our 40th anniversary coming up in 2020.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

We have been lucky enough to have stayed in a grand villa at both Bay Lake and Grand Floridian. Both spectacular for different reasons. Once with a party of 10 (6 nights) and once a party of 6 (3 night splurge celebration vacation). Part of our issue is we have super snorers and large people. So everyone prefers their own bed or room... Grand Floridian would be my choice for a large group because the dining area was so lovely and the sofa bed in the media room instead of the living room is very nice for privacy and having early birds and late owls in the same group. But the points are ridiculous. On the other hand, BLT actually has an extra couch upstairs in the loft so you could sleep 14 even though the max is 12.... I like the extra bathroom at BLT too. We also stayed at a bungalow for 3 nights (July 2,3,4). OMG! The fireworks while sitting on your private deck with the Electrical Water Pageant RIGHT IN FRONT OF US. it really was awesome. But it also is insanely expensive. I took an inheritance and bought enough points to stay 2-3 nights every 3 years. Yes its a splurge. And it is not as comfy and private because of the bedding. With only 1 queen bed and a drop down single in the 2nd bedroom, and sleeping for 3 in the living room, it just seems stupid not to go for a 3 bedroom somewhere else for less points. On the other hand, we had a great time, loved the plunge pool and the deck over the water, being able to eat on the deck outside was really nice too. We have purchased points at Copper Creek for the express purpose of 2-3 nights every 3 years in a cabin. But again, the points are only slightly higher to get the 3 bedroom. We will be experiencing the cabin in November or December next year. When they were building them, at the very beginning, I remarked to my husband as we passed by the construction while on the boat to Magic Kingdom, that I would only consider them if they had a fireplace and a screened in porch. We laughed. Then they built the fireplace and screened in porch. So here we are. We have been so blessed to go to Disney quite frequently. And given the removal of so much of the theming in some resorts, its gotten a little boring (don't hate me) so it's fun to have different accommodations to shake things up now and then. We are timing the points/vacations to splurge in 2021 and hit all of our resorts and stay in cabin/bungalow and grand villas with family. 2020 and 2022 won't be good but 2021 should be spectacular! Can't wait!
    I honestly couldn't pick between the three types. Before we bought DVC, we stayed concierge a handful of times. It is ONLY because in the olden days, we were upgraded TWICE to concierge (no charge!!!!) and got spoiled by it. It was great but we haven't done it since.
    Enjoying my adventure

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I agreed that if we ever had a year in which we couldn't get to the World long enough to use all our points, we'd splurge and get a cabin for a few nights. They look amazing. Not sure which is more appealing - the fireplace, the private hot tub, or the screen room ...
    - Lorie

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed in the treehouses 3 times. After that a 2 bdr maybe twice. We only do that when we bring people with us. Not sure we would ever waste the points on something like that for just the 2 of us.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in an OKW Grand Villa for six nights a few years ago when we brought our son and eight of his friends following HS graduation. The master bedroom and bathroom was nicer than the one bedroom master and bathroom. We haven't had the occasion to do this again since it's just usually the two of us now (or we might add or son and his friend for a night or two). I don't care for the Bungalows at all. Too many convertible beds for the price you pay for those (and two of them are murphy beds). Now the CC Cabins were much nicer. The pool on the porch is jetted and heated. The plunge pool at the Bungalows wasn't, so using the plunge pool in the cooler months just wouldn't happen. And the lake water is not that nice, not nice blue like the ocean, just murky like a mud bottom lake. I'm not a fan of fireplaces, but the one in the cabin might be nice if it got cold enough.