Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Aulani Avoids Worst from Tropical Storm Lane

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aulani Avoids Worst from Tropical Storm Lane

Hurricane Lane was downgraded to a Tropical Storm on Friday and its indirect path into the Ko Olina area has left Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas largely untouched.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

From what I have seen on the internet, Hurricane Lane created some windy conditions at Aulani as it passed by Oahu, but not much else.

The Big Island of Hawaii -- once again -- took the brunt of nature's fury. Heavy rains caused some flooding and mudslides on the Big Island. But Oahu, on which Aulani is located, dis not encounter conditions as severe as those that hit Hawaii.

Post Thanks / Like

Aulani is my favorite Resort on planet Earth and I'm glad it came through fine. At one point that was a bit questionable as Lane was a Cat 4/5 pointed directly at Oahu.
    I've experienced extremely little foul weather during my 3 stays at Aulani.
    Although one time as I was floating in the lazy river, a micro-storm came over and gave me 15 minutes of the hardest rain I've ever experienced in my life.
    It was unbelievable, and Awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad that Oahu was spared. And my thoughts and prayers go out to people on the Big Island who are now dealing with all the flooding after having dealt with thousands of earthquakes and lava and ask from the volcano. Those poor people.

Did anyone who was staying at Aulani know what was closed and what was opened? I expect all the outdoor activities were suspended. And would mean Auntie's Beach House and even the Community Hall would be closed as you have to go outdoors to get to them?
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House