Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Question regarding Upgrading your ticket at Guest Services (random answers)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question regarding Upgrading your ticket at Guest Services (random answers)

Spent a large portion of the day exploring the dvc chat and phone system. Virtually
    no cast member seems to know the correct answer to this. Or the answer is random.
    Perhaps someone here who has done it recently can chime in.

You have a florida 4-day ticket.
    Let's say it costs $150 for simplicity.

On your 4th day ""BEFORE LEAVING THE PARK"", you goto
    guest services and upgrade that 4-day ticket to an annual pass.
    $150 should be applied to that pass.

I talked with a great cast member today that verified the above. However, in
    the course of my conversations I also got these variations from other cast
    members:

1) You can't enter on your final day if you want to upgrade.
    2) You will only have 1/4 of your ticket applied to the pass.
    3) You will have a pro-rated amount applied to the pass based on what the value of a one-day ticket is.
    4) The above is 100% correct.

I know a few years ago I did exactly what is written above and it was
    done. However, has anyone else had this experience lately, or any problems doing so?

thanks very much

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing this information. I actually use the Disboards thread on ticketing before I start contacting any Disney CM. And I would always trust a CM at Disney Ticketing over a CM at DVC's member website. Sometimes I think it would be best to call twice to see if you get the same answer and if you don't ask for a manager and get the manager's name and phone number.

Here is what the Disboard's All about Tickets & Upgrades thread says:

If you use up all of your entitlements on a ticket, the LATEST that you can do any sort of upgrade or modification is before close-of-business on the day that you use that ticket's last asset.
    This means that if you had (as example) a four day ticket and your fourth day of use was a Friday,
    from Saturday onward you cannot do any upgrade, even though it is within the 14 day period.
    Note this does not apply to Florida Resident Tickets, in which case the Guest name is preprinted on the ticket...
    and they may add days after the last entitlement is used
    as long as they have a photo ID that matches the name preprinted on the ticket.

I highlighted the last part of the paragraph in red as it states that Florida Resident tickets can have days added after the last day of use. This thread doesn't talk about if this exception applies when upgrading to an AP.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

3. Thanks DVCReservations thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Thanks for sharing this information. I actually use the Disboards thread on ticketing before I start contacting any Disney CM. And I would always trust a CM at Disney Ticketing over a CM at DVC's member website. Sometimes I think it would be best to call twice to see if you get the same answer and if you don't ask for a manager and get the manager's name and phone number.

Here is what the Disboard's All about Tickets & Upgrades thread says:

I highlighted the last part of the paragraph in red as it states that Florida Resident tickets can have days added after the last day of use. This thread doesn't talk about if this exception applies when upgrading to an AP.
    OH YEAH - called more than twice, up to 4 with 4 versions

Post Thanks / Like

For everyone's reference to this specific request, I did get verification from disney on this.

As follows

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!
    The disney rep is correct. Whether the ticket is unused or if you are on your last day of the ticket, the full value of the ticket will still be applied toward the annual pass.
    If you would like specific verification for this process, please feel free to reach out to Ticket Service at (407) 566-4985. Cast Members will be happy to assist you further."

As such, if anyone gives you flack on this one, that is the number to call.

6. Thanks denlo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVCReservations View Post
    For everyone's reference to this specific request, I did get verification from disney on this.

As follows

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!
    The disney rep is correct. Whether the ticket is unused or if you are on your last day of the ticket, the full value of the ticket will still be applied toward the annual pass.
    If you would like specific verification for this process, please feel free to reach out to Ticket Service at (407) 566-4985. Cast Members will be happy to assist you further."

As such, if anyone gives you flack on this one, that is the number to call.
    The full value of a Disney Purchased ticket is the actual amount you paid for it, not the current amount those tickets are selling for. If you purchase tickets through a discount company, like Under Cover Tourist or Maple Leaf Tickets, Disney will give you credit for the Disney price for those tickets, not the discounted price you paid which is another way to save a little money.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    The full value of a Disney Purchased ticket is the actual amount you paid for it, not the current amount those tickets are selling for. If you purchase tickets through a discount company, like Under Cover Tourist or Maple Leaf Tickets, Disney will give you credit for the Disney price for those tickets, not the discounted price you paid which is another way to save a little money.
    I thought it was the opposite - that it didn't matter if you bought discounted tickets from undercover tourist (as long it is an authorized reseller at least), you would receive the value of the tickets from Disney when upgrading.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by micelike View Post
    I thought it was the opposite - that it didn't matter if you bought discounted tickets from undercover tourist (as long it is an authorized reseller at least), you would receive the value of the tickets from Disney when upgrading.
    The advantage of buying a discounted ticket is that although you paid $20 less for the ticket, Disney will still give you the full Disney price credit towards the upgrade. So if you paid $180 for the $200 ticket, Disney gives you $200 credit towards an upgrade. It is a way to save money when upgrading to higher priced ticket or annual pass.
    --Denise