Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Boulder Ridge vs Copper Creek, Round 2

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: Boulder Ridge vs Copper Creek, Round 2

Now that Copper Creek Villas & Cabins has been open for more than a year, it's probably time to revisit the topic. Having opened back in 2000, Boulder Ridge is the older Disney Vacation Club development with larger villas located in a separate building. Copper Creek rooms are in the main lodge building. Although the villas are a bit smaller, ownership at Copper Creek includes 11 month booking rights for the beachfront cabins and 3 bedroom Grand Villas. Decor also varies between the two.

Which Wilderness Lodge DVC do you prefer: Boulder Ridge or Copper Creek?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

As an owner of Villas at Wilderness Lodge(sorry, just can't bring myself to call it Boulder Ridge), I prefer these over Copper Creek. But in CC defense, never stayed in those rooms. But the decor in CC looks a bit IKEA like to me. I feel a little more remote in the old original Villas as well, which gives me a more Wilderness feel amongst the pines. But both in their own right are located at what I feel is the most beautiful and majestic resort on property. So either way, I don't think you can go wrong!

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed twice at each resort. You can't go wrong with either one but I prefer Copper Creek over Boulder Ridge. For me, Copper Creek edges out BRV because its in the main lodge and I don't have to go outside to get to the store or Roaring Forks, the quick serve restaurant. I like the lobby in the BRV building, but I really like all the secluded spots in the main lobby where I can read a book, play on my iPad, or just watch people.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DVCNews Debates: Boulder Ridge vs Copper Creek, Round 2

I think I prefer Copper Creek, though it's a close call. The Boulder Ridge refreshing made the rooms more attractive, though I'm still not a huge fan of the kitchen and bathrooms. Overall the look is better than it was though. I may be in the minority, but I like the Cooper Creek style and furnishings. It may be too "modern rustic" but I think it looks sharp. Perhaps the illusion of being in a national park cabin is not there, but it's not really there at Boulder Ridge either. Plus I'm bitter as one of the main reasons to love Boulder Ridge was lost when dozens of trees were chopped down. What made the side beautiful is gone. There are good and bad points about being in the main Wilderness Lodge, but I think the good side wins out.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a difficult question because I like them both for different reasons. If I had to pick only one, I guess it would be CCV because when I bring my family, we need a 3-bedroom and BRV doesn’t have any. I also like CCV due to the close proximity to the lobby and restaurants.
    ~Linda

Next scheduled trips
    Sept. 28-Oct. 3 (Aulani)
    Oct. 3-6 DL/DCA (GC-waitlist)

Post Thanks / Like

I owned VWL (BRV) for years and have stayed dozens of times. It was my favorite DVC resort until CCV came along. Now I own at CCV but VWL is still a very close second. I like being in the main Lodge which is what pushes it slightly ahead of VWL for me, but honestly, I would be just as happy staying at either location. Outside of building preference, I don't see a lot of differences between the two that matter to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Based on villa size alone, I prefer Boulder Ridge because the Copper Creek studios feel much more cramped.

Post Thanks / Like

I like both resorts a lot. But I think Copper Creek has the edge mainly because of location. I like the look of the rooms and they seem very efficiently laid out so I didn't really notice the size difference. The trees are growing back for Boulder Ridge but I would always hope that you still can see the lake as I really loved having that view during the construction.
    Last edited by denlo; 08-22-2018 at 09:37 AM.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

That covered wooden walkway leading to & from the Boulder Ridge Villas with the soaring music playing is one of my favorite pieces of real estate in all of Walt Disney World. As is the Boulder Ridge mini-lobby.
    Throw in the newly designed awesome pool out back, as well as the proximity of my new favorite Geiser Point Bar & Grill, and I'd have to say Boulder Ridge is not only the best place to stay at Wilderness Lodge, but maybe the best place anywhere within WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

We came <<THAT>> close to buying Copper Creek. Unfortunately, we have 5 in our family. We enjoy the 1 bedroom size (and point cost), but CC 1 bedrooms were too small!
    If it were laid out like Kidani or Grand Californian, we would have bought.
    Room size does make a difference.