Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Beach Club Hot Tub

Post Thanks / Like

Question Beach Club Hot Tub

Hello all,

I have a question about the hot tubs in the one bedrooms at Beach Club. We recently stayed in the newly refurbished rooms, room 272. The room is beautiful! I love the hardwood floors over the rugs. The couch bed was actually very comfortable too for my hubby and I. I gave the King bed to my brother and his wife since it was their one year anniversary and they are much taller as well. The room, however, did not have a hot tub. I've stayed in many other one bedrooms and have had DVC since 94, our base points are OKW and Saratoga, and I've always had a hot tub with the one bedroom. This was, surprisingly our first trip to Beach Club.

To me it makes a difference. If the points for the room previously included a hot tub, and then it's taken away, that's less of a value going forward. I don't have a hot tub in my house so it's something I look forward too. I also have major back issues and the hot tub helps out after walking in the parks all day.

I went to the front desk to ask, and they said that the room is the way it is. They offered the fact that I can use the community hot tub. I really wasn't interested in using it. I want the privacy and ease of using the one in the room.

Thanks for listening to my complaining. I am going to ask the general manager, but I wanted some perspective before I reached out to her.

Post Thanks / Like

There should have been a jacuzzi tub in your 1BR at the Beach Club Villas. I am not sure if during the last refurbishment it was switched to one where the bubbles come out through the bottom of the tub like at the Grand Floridian Villas.

The only DVC villa with a true hot tub are in the Cascade Cabins at the Copper Creek Villas at Wilderness Lodge.

Edit: I just found a photo of the remodeled bathroom at BCV and it shows the newer tub like at VGF. It just bubbles from the bottom. http://allears.net/acc/bcv/beach-clu...bedroom-07.jpg Or a least I hope it does have some bubbler. The older jacuzzi's tubs are very noisy and difficult to keep clean and prevent mold build up.
    Last edited by denlo; 08-17-2018 at 10:11 AM.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Denise -

I know what you mean. I had that tub in The Grand Floridian and in Copper Creek. It didn't have that. It was a plain tub. I looked for the switch to turn it on, and there were no holes in the bottom. Either it was a mistake in installation, or it was a decision to remove those tubs. I don't know. I emailed the general manager to ask.

Corin

Post Thanks / Like

And the other thing was when I asked at the front desk, they seemed to act like either they didn't know, or it wasn't there. So from that perspective, if it was, then it's doubly disappointing because all they said was to use the community hot tub.

5. Likes frank liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally found some old posts on another forum that the replacement tub at BCV is just a soaker tub. Many BCV owners were unhappy about it, but I never heard why the jacuzzi tub wasn't added.

You might get better results by contacting DVC member Satisfaction - dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com. Although I doubt they will be replaced before the next refurbishment.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Denise -

Thank you for the info. I did get an answer from an assistant to the GM. She called me back about 2 hours ago personally. We had a great conversation. Yes, they did take the jacuzzi tubs out, and she thanked me for the feedback. She said they do these things, but it takes the members speaking up to realize that it might not have been the good idea that they thought it was. I think (she was a little hard to understand), that they may be replacing them again when they do another renovation.

I told her that while the rest of the resort was beautiful, and I will visit for specific things like restaurants and I do love their gingerbread display, I will not stay there again as a guest in the villas unless the jacuzzi tub is put back. It's just not worth the value unless it is. I'm quite happy with OKW and Saratoga. I love the rooms, and we aways rent a car so I'm not bound to Disney transportation.

Corin

8. Thanks denlo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsdroz View Post
    And the other thing was when I asked at the front desk, they seemed to act like either they didn't know, or it wasn't there. So from that perspective, if it was, then it's doubly disappointing because all they said was to use the community hot tub.
    Splitting hairs here but ive never heard of a bathtub in a room referred to as a hot tub. Ive heard jaccuzzi and soaker tubs but never hot tub. Its possible the front desk staff thought the same which may be why the directed you to the community hot tub.
    WDW - POFQ, CS, ASM, BLT, OKW, VWL, AKL - (9 trips)
    DL - 4 trips
    DCL - 2 cruises
    Aulani - 3 trips