Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two New DVC-Exclusive Magic Bands Available

Post Thanks / Like

Default Two New DVC-Exclusive Magic Bands Available

Two new Disney Vacation Club MagicBand designs have been released including a Limited Edition Dooney & Bourke style.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the teal DVC Magicband is okay. I like this new Mickey with the Binoculars as you can see his face versus the one DVC has used so often where all you could see was binoculars for Mickey's eyes like the recent trading pins that have been issued. The Dooney and Bourke one is better, but even more expensive.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

I like the D & B but $48 is bit hefty. but since you can use it forever maybe its not so bad.

Post Thanks / Like

We have a couple reservations booked through David’s DVC rental and as a thank you promotion they sent us a code for free magic band skins through a company call magic your band. We just received our first order and they look great. We don’t have any actual magic bands to test them on but they are supposed to fit right over. They run about 6$ a skin and are supposed to be removable so you can reuse them. One thing that has always worried us about buying a full magic band is that we’ve been told the long range rfid battery dies after a a couple years. This limits the use of the magic band to anything that is a direct tap. These skins appear to be a much cheaper alternative.
    The dooney and Burke band looks really nice but for 50$ a pop it’s tough to justify if nots good for ever.
    WDW - POFQ, CS, ASM, BLT, OKW, VWL, AKL - (9 trips)
    DL - 4 trips
    DCL - 2 cruises
    Aulani - 3 trips

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by athenna View Post
    I like the D & B but $48 is bit hefty. but since you can use it forever maybe its not so bad.
    The battery dies after 2 years and when that happens you will not be able to use it for anything that does not require a touch site, like at the gate and for using a FastPass. So the photos taken on rides, that are automatically assigned to your MDE account, Photopass will not work. I am not sure what else would give you problems. I think the quick service preorder system would work because you use MDE to indicate you have arrived. I saw a post on another forum that the person was saying that he figured his battery had died as the band was over 2 years old but it continued to work until his last trip, when he was constantly getting blue lights even to get into the park. He had to use another MagicBand.

I have a Polka dot Minnie MB and will be sad when I will not be able to wear it to the parks.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mkeef View Post
    We have a couple reservations booked through David’s DVC rental and as a thank you promotion they sent us a code for free magic band skins through a company call magic your band. We just received our first order and they look great. We don’t have any actual magic bands to test them on but they are supposed to fit right over. They run about 6$ a skin and are supposed to be removable so you can reuse them. One thing that has always worried us about buying a full magic band is that we’ve been told the long range rfid battery dies after a a couple years. This limits the use of the magic band to anything that is a direct tap. These skins appear to be a much cheaper alternative.
    The dooney and Burke band looks really nice but for 50$ a pop it’s tough to justify if nots good for ever.
    Let us know how the skins work and where they can be purchased after your trip. They sound interesting.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Two New DVC-Exclusive Magic Bands Available

Quote Originally Posted by denlo

The battery dies after 2 years and when that happens you will not be able to use it for anything that does not require a touch site, like at the gate and for using a FastPass.
    You take out the center piece and put in another one with a good battery. Easy peasy.

Not that I think paying $48 for one makes sense at all, even though I like the design.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the ones we ordered so far. The website is www.magicyourband.com. very quick process. About a weekish since our order was placed that they were delivered to our door
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WDW - POFQ, CS, ASM, BLT, OKW, VWL, AKL - (9 trips)
    DL - 4 trips
    DCL - 2 cruises
    Aulani - 3 trips

Post Thanks / Like

They look great. I like the R2D2 one a lot. Do they just stick to the top of the Magicband?
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JWhiz View Post
    You take out the center piece and put in another one with a good battery. Easy peasy.

Not that I think paying $48 for one makes sense at all, even though I like the design.
    Unfortunately, you don't get any special colors/sounds for it then. (Only an issue if it's one of the limited editions with special colors/sounds, obviously.)

What I did on the last trip was get one of the carabiner clips for the 'puck' in the new MagicBand and clip it to my camera bag. Then I could use my old-style (pre-puck) Figment band without worrying about losing pictures.
    [WDW visits: DxL 1/98, VWL 1/03, WL 6/03, VWL 1/08, BWV 1/13, BCV 1/16, POFQ 4/17, BCV 1/19, BCV 4/19]
    [DL visits: 7/90, 11/93, 11/94, 11/95, 6/96, 11/96, 11/97, 11/99, 12/00, 8/01, 1/06, 2/08, 2/12, 6/14, VGC 7/16, DLH/VGC 1/17]
    [Family: me46, wife46, daughter19, son17, son14]
    [Races: 2016 WDW 10k, 2017 SW Light Side Rebel Challenge, 2017 SW Dark Side Half, 2019 SW Rival Run Challenge]

11. Likes denlo, Jawolf liked this post