Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Disney Vacation Club Resort Construction Comparison

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Vacation Club Resort Construction Comparison

Now that a sales license has been issued for Disney's Riviera Resort, let's compare progress on the building to other Disney Vacation Club resorts when they were a little more than a year away from opening.

Disney's Riviera Resort - June 2018

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

My estimation is that the Riviera is behind BLT and AKV but ahead of the two Grands. I suspect that they could be headed for a late May to early June opening with sales to members starting in Dec or Jan. With reservations for owners beginning with opening day of sales to general public, to other members 3 wks following. Perhaps I am little aggressive, but I think they would try for a quarter earlier than simply 1 or 2 months early. I also think that the pricing difference and points charts will be significantly higher and these events will actually push CCV sales.

Post Thanks / Like

In June 2013, about 4+ months before the opening of the Villas at Grand Floridian, we had a family gathering at Walt Disney World. One day, as we were riding the monorail pass the VGF construction site, I asked our nephew who is a construction engineer if he thought VGF could open in four months. He said that almost any project can meet a deadline if the owner is willing to hire more workers or spend more on overtime.

I think Disney has a lot of options available to it with the Riviera. If it wants to speed up the opening, it can. If it wants to keep a late Fall opening date, or even some time later than that, Disney could manipulate the amount of resources it spends on the construction.

Now that Disney has a timeshare license for the Riviera, it can start sales any time it wants. That doesn't mean that sales will start next week, but it does mean that whenever it feels its ready to roll out the Riviera, it can start the marketing efforts.

If past practice is any indicator, I doubt that Disney has any qualms about starting sales for the Riviera if it has a lot of points left to sell for Copper Creek. When Disney started Copper Creek sales in March 2017, it still had over 1.3 million Polynesian points to sell to the public. Presently, Disney has less than 1.8 million Copper Creek points left to sell. I believe Disney could easily manage selling both resorts simultaneously.
    Last edited by wdrl; 08-03-2018 at 06:58 AM.

CarolMN is offline Enjoying This CHOICE Site
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Disney Vacation Club Resort Construction Comparison

Had anyone noticed any activity in the sales locations? I would think they would want to have model rooms available before beginning sales.

I'm looking for to seeing floor plans and point charts, especially for the rumored 2-person studios!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
    Had anyone noticed any activity in the sales locations? I would think they would want to have model rooms available before beginning sales.

I'm looking for to seeing floor plans and point charts, especially for the rumored 2-person studios!
    Wil, wdrl, says he will look for a filing with Orange County but they hide them within other work applications. Maybe someone taking a DVC tour for CCV at SSR will notice construction at one of the other model rooms and report back to us.

I am curious about the 2-person studios that came to light after a DVC survey and suddenly the couple studio turned into fact. At one point someone mentioned they would be in the tower. There is a rounded corner at the resort that looks like a tower to me.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    In June 2013, about 4+ months before the opening of the Villas at Grand Floridian, we had a family gathering at Walt Disney World. One day, as we were riding the monorail pass the VGF construction site, I asked our nephew who is a construction engineer if he thought VGF could open in four months. He said that almost any project can meet a deadline if the owner is willing to hire more workers or spend more on overtime.

I think Disney has a lot of options available to it with the Riviera. If it wants to speed up the opening, it can. If it wants to keep a late Fall opening date, or even some time later than that, Disney could manipulate the amount of resources it spends on the construction.
    This is what I think is interesting about the timing - the total amount of construction they have going on with Galaxy's Edge, this project, Coronado, and more. If push comes to shove, how much slack do they have on each and where are resources going to get sent.