Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Moonlight Magic on rented points

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moonlight Magic on rented points

Not sure if anyone else is having the same questions as we are regarding this. I found very little info on the web for it so reached out to Member services. We are hoping to secure reservations for HS in October (we are direct purchase members and eligible for perks). We originally planned our trip then learned of the MM event so we changed our flights and rented points to extend our stay. I've read lots of horror stories about the registration process and reservation numbers/member numbers not matching. I emailed member services and got this response:

We appreciate your interest in our Moonlight Magic events and will be happy to assist you.

If the Membership your reservation is booked under, is a Direct Purchase Membership in good status, and the Members that own the Membership do not register for the Moonlight Magic event at Disney's Hollywood Studios®, then you may be eligible for early registration for the event using your reservation number and your Membership number.

Sounds good except the 'MAY be eligible' scares me

I then emailed David's to see if they could find out if the member I rented from was eligible for the perks as stated from member services and got this response:

I can let you know through personal experience that as long you are a DVC owner yourself you will qualify for the DVC Moonlight Magic event.
    Your reservation and that booking owner will not effect your booking of trying to purchase the tickets however you will not have access to the Early registration.

I am going to try for early registration on August 30th regardless and hopefully it works since there is no penalty for trying. If not I will have to wait until September and try with general registration.

Curious if anyone has secured tickets for any event off rented points. While we really, really want to go, I'm starting to prepare myself that it may not happen so the disappointment isn't as harsh!
    Last edited by Mkeef; 07-20-2018 at 05:13 AM.
    WDW - POFQ, CS, ASM, BLT, OKW, VWL, AKL - (9 trips)
    DL - 4 trips
    DCL - 2 cruises
    Aulani - 3 trips

Post Thanks / Like

I would never even thought about trying the early registration. Good luck.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House