Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revised Food Policy for Moonlight Magic

Post Thanks / Like

Default Revised Food Policy for Moonlight Magic

Meal vouchers have replaced an all-you-can-eat policy at Disney Vacation Club’s signature events.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

At the 3 Moonlight Madness events I've attended (AK, DCA, & DL) I had no idea any free hot food was offered. I did enjoy the Mickey ice cream bars though.
    Very interesting.
    I'm hoping to attend one of the Hollywood Studios events I'll be around for in late September, early October.
    Perhaps I won't plan a meal beforehand.
    *JEFF*

NEXT WDW VACATION
    9/25/18 - 10/7/18
    BWV, AKLV(Kidani) & OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it is a free meal, but for me it would be too late in the evening for a meal. Plus studies have just come out saying that it is not healthy to eat at 9:00 PM or later. LOL But what would bother me most is wasting time eating when I could be riding an attraction.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

We just attended Moonlight Magic at Epcot on July 16th. The vouchers were good at places like The Fish and Chips counter service next to Rose and Crown from 6PM to 9PM and Sunshine Seasons up until 12:30AM. Wasnt expecting these but it worked great for our group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Revised Food Policy for Moonlight Magic

Ah, another cost savings measure for the Company!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flynglizrd View Post
    Ah, another cost savings measure for the Company!
    I don't see how this is a cost savings, when you get more food with the voucher versus a hot dog and you still get the snack foods like the Mickey Ice cream bars.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

My group attended the July EPCOT MM and some ate at Seasons and some at Yorkshire County Fish Shop. We noted that some of the food options closed before the Party actually started. Thanks to the Cast Members at Yorkshire County Fish Shop who stayed open to serve everyone who was in line by 9:00PM (it was worth the wait!).

Post Thanks / Like

Are the vouchers only good beginning at the actual start time of the event, or since you can get in 2 hours early on the voucher can you use it purchase food at those quick service restaurants listed as early as 7:00 PM? Has anyone tried to use it before the party starts?
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Are the vouchers only good beginning at the actual start time of the event, or since you can get in 2 hours early on the voucher can you use it purchase food at those quick service restaurants listed as early as 7:00 PM? Has anyone tried to use it before the party starts?
    The meal vouchers could be used as early as 6 pm at participating locations.

Someone on the disboards posted them to facebook and provided a link to that post: https://www.facebook.com/1252641448/...2172878177827/
    Michael

10. Thanks denlo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am glad to see that you can eat earlier in the evening. That means the Moonlight Magic hours can be used strictly for enjoying the attractions.
    --Denise