Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Which Resort Needs More Villas?

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: Which Resort Needs More Villas?

There are fourteen Disney Vacation Club resorts and quite a few of them tend to be difficult to book. At Walt Disney World, resorts like the Grand Floridian, Bay Lake Tower, Beach Club, BoardWalk and even Polynesian are often difficult to secure 7 months prior to arrival. Hilton Head and Vero Beach are often sold out, especially during the warmer months. And the Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel is arguably the crown jewel with a total of 48 villas available to Disneyland visitors.

Which DVC resort would you most like to see add more villas?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Grand Californian. 48 villas and it's the only DVC resort for a couple thousand miles in any direction.

I'd settle for a second Anaheim DVC resort, though.
    [WDW visits: DxL 1/98, VWL 1/03, WL 6/03, VWL 1/08, BWV 1/13, BCV 1/16, POFQ 4/17, BCV 1/19, BCV 4/19]
    [DL visits: 7/90, 11/93, 11/94, 11/95, 6/96, 11/96, 11/97, 11/99, 12/00, 8/01, 1/06, 2/08, 2/12, 6/14, VGC 7/16, DLH/VGC 1/17]
    [Family: me46, wife46, daughter19, son17, son14]
    [Races: 2016 WDW 10k, 2017 SW Light Side Rebel Challenge, 2017 SW Dark Side Half, 2019 SW Rival Run Challenge]

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely Grand Californian. I'd love more points there. As well as Beach Club. You can't beat that pool.

Post Thanks / Like

Grand Californian is an obvious choice. Only DVC around the original Disney theme park and it's tiny.
    I doubt they would add more villas, but they definitely have demand for another DVC property in the area.

For WDW properties, I wish it was BCV, but I don't see DVD adding any units to a resort with contracts expiring in 2042. Better to wait until expiration, takeover the entire property and sell all points as brand new with the 2043 prices.

I could see Contemporary, Polynesian, or Grand Floridian getting an addition (or second DVC property) in the next decade.

5. Likes denlo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with imdizfan post above. Although a small part of me keeps asking when will additional building of DVC resorts be over saturation?
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Adding more villas sounds like a great idea, but I'm afraid it only works if I intend to buy points at the expanded (or new) resorts.

The Boardwalk Villas (532) and the Beach Club Villas (282) have about 814 villas between them. The upcoming Riviera Resort will supposedly have about 300 villas, meaning that the number of DVC villas in the Epcot area with increase by about a third to 1,114 villas. However, with the Riviera will come thousands of new DVC members who will use that additional inventory.

There will be BWV and BCV owners who will try out the new Riviera, thereby opening some inventory at their home resorts. But then there will be new Riviera owners who will probably want to try out BWV or BCV. Thus, competition for BWV and BCV will be as brisk as ever.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DVCNews Debates: Which Resort Needs More Villas?

Quote Originally Posted by denlo
    I have to agree with the post above. Although a small part of me keeps asking when will additional building of DVC resorts be over saturation?
    I have to ask the same question. I don't have the details, but for quite some time now the only expansion in accommodations at WDW has been DVC. (Do I remember that they are going to build more hotel rooms somewhere?) Clearly timeshare is a big money maker for Disney, but when will they have sold as much as the market will bear? Actually, that same question can be asked about the continual increase in DVC points costs and even admission tickets to the parks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DVCNews Debates: Which Resort Needs More Villas?

The only thing that makes the DVC properties so easy to decide to build is they have somewhere in the range of a 95% occupancy rate all year long. So as long as people keep buying they will keep building. The one thing that they haven't got in there favor right now is there is no real contracts expiring in the near future, the earliest is 2042 I believe. I don't see them slowing down there actually has been rumors of the talk of adding some more to the Poly. I know for sure that for lack of a better name for it Bay Lake Tower #2 has been the next resort with rumor to expand after they finish with all the construction for the Anniversary.

Post Thanks / Like

WDW has more then enough room to build Deluxe Resorts with villas with gorgeous rooms, grounds and pools. Personally, the present resorts should remain as is.

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously, the Grand Californian. But for me personally, i'd like there to be some 1 bedrooms @ the Poly.