Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Reunion Station Breakfast Selections

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reunion Station Breakfast Selections

Disney Vacation Club members staying at Disney's Wilderness Lodge can now pay for daily food and beverage service through the Reunion Station lounge. Let's examine some of the items that await members during breakfast hours.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I am surprised that there wasn't any hot items, like scrabbled eggs and sausage or bacon, and biscuits and gravy. You can get those at most moderate hotels, like Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn and that is just because you rented a room the night before. If they had added some hot items it would be a nice selection. There was a better selection of fruits than you get at a moderate hotel, they usually only provide whole fruit, like oranges or apples with maybe a banana. Although the last trip the hotels didn't have any fruit.

Based on the serving sizes they must not have been feeding very many people.
    Last edited by denlo; 07-08-2018 at 08:43 AM.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

How do these food items compare to what is offered at the Concierge Lounge at AKV?

4. Thanks Corpgal thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Reunion Station Breakfast Selections

Quote Originally Posted by wdrl
    How do these food items compare to what is offered at the Concierge Lounge at AKV?
    Pretty similar except AKV concierge has at least one hot offering besides oatmeal or quinoa. And this doesn't show drinks so not certain how it compares. AKV has cappuccinos, espressos, lattes (machine made but quite good) as well as juice, milk etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Reunion Station Breakfast Selections

Maybe I'm spoiled by the Holiday Inn Express breakfasts, but that is not worth the price to me.

Post Thanks / Like

The selections shown above make this seem extremely sub par for what you need to spend as well as the location you need to go to for the selection.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    We have stayed AKV concierge level a few times, last year most recently, we love it and were really happy to hear that Cooper Creek would offer concierge level as well. The price seemed awfully high but I remained hopeful. Sadly I would say that Reunion Station doesn’t come out so well in comparison to AKV. Admittedly the food that was offered for breakfast had only a little more variety, with special treats now and then from Boma mixed in. This is probably partly to do with there being more people participating in the concierge level. After all Wilderness Lodge has a concierge level already for its cash guests, so this is for a limited number of guests. We stayed at Copper Creek last week and I stopped into Reunion Station to take a look, the very nice cast member there told me that they had about 25 guests over 4th of July. The space looks like it could only handle a few more than that.

Even with a nice spread in the evening, this location could not be offering the kind of foods and beverage service that the AKV does because it’s only twice daily while regular concierge service for cash guests includes 5-6 different services each day. At AKV they are breakfast, snacks, tea time , snacks, appetizers/light food with wine and beer, and finally desert and drinks. The biggest plus is actually the location with the view over the magnificent lobby, cozy sofas, newspapers and drinks available all day. Reunion station is cute, but it is small and un-themed and will be hosting other events during the day.

I think for the price, one would be much better off eating at the adjacent Gyser Point, with a pretty good menu and beautiful views.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freya212 View Post
    We have stayed AKV concierge level a few times, last year most recently, we love it and were really happy to hear that Cooper Creek would offer concierge level as well.
    Thanks for sharing your comments about the AKV concierge service. It definitely sounds like AKV's concierge service is a better deal than Reunion Station's offering.

However, based on your description of the offerings, I can understand why some AKV owners think the Concierge Level villas at AKV are woefully underpriced, resulting in the AKV owners having to subsidize the services offered to those villas. A Concierge Level studio at AKV costs only two to four points a night more than a Savanna View studio. Since AKV's annual maintenance fees are $6.7565 per point, that means a member is only "paying" $13.513 to $27.026 extra per night to get all the concierge level services. Compounding the cost -- or savings, depending how you look at it -- is that there could be up to four guests in a studio. That means that each person could getting all that food, drink, and extra maid service for as little as $3.38 a day.

Compare that to the Reunion Station cost of $50 a day per guest and it really brings home the disparity between the two services.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    Thanks for sharing your comments about the AKV concierge service. It definitely sounds like AKV's concierge service is a better deal than Reunion Station's offering.

However, based on your description of the offerings, I can understand why some AKV owners think the Concierge Level villas at AKV are woefully underpriced, resulting in the AKV owners having to subsidize the services offered to those villas. A Concierge Level studio at AKV costs only two to four points a night more than a Savanna View studio. Since AKV's annual maintenance fees are $6.7565 per point, that means a member is only "paying" $13.513 to $27.026 extra per night to get all the concierge level services. Compounding the cost -- or savings, depending how you look at it -- is that there could be up to four guests in a studio. That means that each person could getting all that food, drink, and extra maid service for as little as $3.38 a day.

Compare that to the Reunion Station cost of $50 a day per guest and it really brings home the disparity between the two services.

Yes, agreed, it’s a pretty great deal food wise, but the cost of AKV concierge level would be better compared to the points cost per a night for the least expensive rooms at AKV which start at 9 points. The concierge rooms are located under the eaves on the top floor with very restricted views, the fumes of cooking and rather dark interiors because of the overhangs, the rooms I have stayed in felt considerably smaller as well.

The point differential between value rooms, which these rooms are similar to, and concierge ranges from about 9 points on studios to 20 pints on i bedrooms. The calculated costs for this more closely follows what the cash cost up charge was back when this level was made available to “regular” room rate guests at the AKL (12 years or so ago). Before we purchased DVC we used to travel at this level when we came to Disney and it would cost us about $75 a night more on our room rate. We thought it was a pretty good deal 10 years ago, considering the quality of the service. We now like to have a night or two at concierge DVC, but would not want to spend our whole trip under the eaves with no views of the savanna and animals.

it is a bit of deal, but with so few rooms and restricted views, it’s really only a good option occasionally.