Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Artist Point Closure Appears Imminent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by athenna View Post
    Wow! I hope its just a refurb. would be unusual to lose a signature restaurant wouldnt it?
    One of the best signature restaurants (IMO) was Arial's at the Beach Club. It closed for refurbishment in 1999 and is still sitting empty except for the giant fish tank.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PecosBill View Post
    One of the best signature restaurants (IMO) was Arial's at the Beach Club. It closed for refurbishment in 1999 and is still sitting empty except for the giant fish tank.
    True. I think they just use it for wedding receptions now. I'd never eaten there when it was an every day restaurant though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PecosBill View Post
    We ate there and it was really good. But it was a special occasion type meal for us. Maybe when the economy tanked it failed.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

I read a rumor recently that Artist Point was only closed for a kitchen refurbishment. But I suspect that at least a breakfast character meal will be offered when it reopens as most of the Disney Deluxe Resorts have a character meal even if it is only for breakfast. Now that I think of it, is Wilderness Lodge the only resort that doesn't have a character meal at a Disney (not DVC) Deluxe Resort?

Plus Artist Point was only used for Dinner that is a waste of dining room space, so having a character meal for breakfast would make more sense.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    I read a rumor recently that Artist Point was only closed for a kitchen refurbishment. But I suspect that at least a breakfast character meal will be offered when it reopens as most of the Disney Deluxe Resorts have a character meal even if it is only for breakfast. Now that I think of it, is Wilderness Lodge the only resort that doesn't have a character meal at a Disney (not DVC) Deluxe Resort?

AKL doesnt have a character meal. But I am perfectly fine with that

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be advantageous to have more character breakfasts at resorts, especially DVC resorts. Many DVCers do non-park trips so it would be nice to have that options for the little ones to interact with characters outside the parks.
    WDW - POFQ, CS, ASM, BLT, OKW, VWL, AKL - (9 trips)
    DL - 4 trips
    DCL - 2 cruises
    Aulani - 3 trips

Post Thanks / Like

Just went to book AP for December no availability probably for the first time ever so I figured something was going on. If the rumors are true I won't be eating at WL anytime soon. They better leave Jiko alone!
    Last edited by disneydreamer781; 07-29-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, many people love character meals. I think it destroys the menu and the atmosphere. Sure, if that's your thing, great, go for it, but please don't replace signature (or even decent) dining experiences with character meals! What's next, Victoria and Mickeys?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Artist Point Closure Appears Imminent

Quote Originally Posted by pamster1stamping
    I just went onto MDE in my booking window and I can schedule just fine in December for Artiste Point. Not sure what this article actually means
    I don't know how you managed that as there has been nothing available for either Nov or Dec.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer781 View Post
    I don't know how you managed that as there has been nothing available for either Nov or Dec.
    I have to admit I got my hopes up that Artist Point was open but I checked when the comment was posted in July and again today and nothing is available from 12/27-12/12/18. I guess we won't be eating there for our Holiday trip.
    --Denise