Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Artist Point Closure Appears Imminent

Post Thanks / Like

We went to a Winnie the Pooh Character Breakfast at Artist Point 17 or so years ago. I think bringing back a character breakfast would be great but would be disappointed if the signature dining in the evening was discontinued.

2. Likes mmhcpa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We ate at AP once a long time ago - the food was very good but I felt the restaurant itself lacked in ambiance, especially at night. It could be that I would have a different opinion if we could actually see out of the windows or I was attracted to Frank Lloyd Wright architecture. Sanna becomes very dark at night however the restaurant itself makes up for the dark windows. IMO AP needs to be something more than a room with tables - eating there reminded me of eating at my mothers house = same wood work (her's darker), same paint, same square room with lots of entries. However a character meal would continue to keep me away.

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

We quite enjoy Artist's Point, and losing it as a signature dining experience for dinner would be a MASSIVE loss. It would leave Wilderness Lodge as a deluxe resort without a signature restaurant- something Disney has yet to not do (the sole DVC resorts don't have signature, but the ones with a regular resort component all do). It would even make me rethink how long I'd want to keep my CCV contract- to me, it's THAT big a deal.

If they insist on throwing characters into AP, I hope they keep the signature dinner and decent environment.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure it would affect me that much as we could just go over a monorail resort and dine at one of signature restaurants at the Contemporary or Grand Floridian. I don't believe the Poly has a signature restaurant, so Wilderness Lodge will not be the only deluxe resort without one.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Artist Point Closure Appears Imminent

Noooo! We love Artist Point. I just put it on the list for making reservations next week. It was always so quiet, elegant, had a great menu -- loved the salmon and kids loved the paint your own dessert. I'll be so sad if it's gone.

Post Thanks / Like

I just went onto MDE in my booking window and I can schedule just fine in December for Artiste Point. Not sure what this article actually means

Post Thanks / Like

So 2 comments. I think this used to have a character breakfast. I remember taking my 3 kids there for one, probably about 20 years ago. Can't swear it was Artist's Point but it was in WL and wasn't Whispering Canyon. Second comment - I have an 8-night booking in December, and I can get to the reservation page (calendar/time) but it says there are no tables the entire 8 nights for dinner. I had looked back when the 180 day window opened, and didn't get one then, but was also juggling restaurants. So no availability is showing.

Post Thanks / Like

We took our daughters to a Winnie the Pooh character breakfast in 1998; I have pictures. He was dressed as a Mountie. At that point the restaurant only had breakfast and dinner and I was sad they discountinued the breakfast. We usually go to Territory Lounge after the park and they share the kitchen with Artist's Point, so I hope nothing happens to the Lounge! I like the new waterfront restaurant but Territory Lounge is great.

Post Thanks / Like

Winnie the Pooh as a Mountie that would be something to see. It would be great too if they had the characters on the totem pole that is outside gift shop as meet and greet characters. Even Humphrey the bear would be great. I think they would need to add a female character though.

DSCN5671.jpg
    Last edited by denlo; 07-11-2018 at 08:53 AM.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Ate at Artist's Point on July 4th. Waiter said it's just a kitchen refrub.

12. Thanks denlo, delorean1981 thanked for this post