Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modify Reservations Online with New Booking Site

Post Thanks / Like

Default Modify Reservations Online with New Booking Site

Disney Vacation Club has revamped the members-only website with a new look and the ability to modify existing reservations.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

However, dropping individual nights from an extended reservation may not be an option.
    I was excited to see this change, but disappointed that we won't be able to drop nights on one end so we can add to the other end of a reservation.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    I was excited to see this change, but disappointed that we won't be able to drop nights on one end so we can add to the other end of a reservation.
    I'm actually a little bit relieved. Some people have been using that method to manipulate the 11/7 month booking windows for years. Obviously there's nothing that can be done to stop the practice unless DVC alters its rules, but putting the option online would have only increased its use (abuse.)

4. Likes DizDays, Stitch_Fan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Modify Reservations Online with New Booking Site

Of course they add this functionality the day after I spend 2 hours on the phone straightening out guests and misspelled names. It will come in handy and save time on the phone next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Modify Reservations Online with New Booking Site

Quote Originally Posted by TimK
    Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    I'm actually a little bit relieved. Some people have been using that method to manipulate the 11/7 month booking windows for years. Obviously there's nothing that can be done to stop the practice unless DVC alters its rules, but putting the option online would have only increased its use (abuse.)
    Agreed. While walking reservations by phone is allowed by today's rules, we don't want to make it any easier. That would just cause more people to do it. Face it. It's a loophole/abuse of the system. Would people like the policy if they had to walk every reservation they made? If anything changes, I would expect them to make it more difficult or to put something in place to prevent this, not give us the tools to do it ourselves.

I realize that others have different opinions, but that's how I feel.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tim, Based on your experience with this change you can’t drop a night. But it looks like you can add a night? We generally go for 8-14 nights with each booking so we book the 7 nights at our window and then every day had to call to get a night added. We couldn’t do it on the website as each subsequent night was outside the start date booking window for a new ressie but fell inside the end date for an existing one (if that makes sense). So unless we cancelled the 7 nights and rebooked it is 8, then cancelled the 8 and rebooked as 9, we couldn’t use the website and had to call. I’d rather not leave it to chance and cancel. MS could just add it but then we had to wait until they opened and sit on hold every morning for the next 1-6 days.

So with this new site we could just add a day via the website without cancelling our existing ressie? That will be a welcoming change for us.
    Last edited by Mkeef; 06-21-2018 at 01:00 PM.
    WDW - POFQ, CS, ASM, BLT, OKW, VWL, AKL - (9 trips)
    DL - 4 trips
    DCL - 2 cruises
    Aulani - 3 trips

8. Likes Stitch_Fan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mkeef View Post
    Hi Tim, Based on your experience with this change you can’t drop a night. But it looks like you can add a night? We generally go for 8-14 nights with each booking so we book the 7 nights at our window and then every day had to call to get a night added. We couldn’t do it on the website as each subsequent night was outside the start date booking window for a new ressie but fell inside the end date for an existing one (if that makes sense). So unless we cancelled the 7 nights and rebooked it is 8, then cancelled the 8 and rebooked as 9, we couldn’t use the website and had to call. I’d rather not leave it to chance and cancel. MS could just add it but then we had to wait until they opened and sit on hold every morning for the next 1-6 days.

So with this new site we could just add a day via the website without cancelling our existing ressie? That will be a welcoming change for us.
    I don't have time to try it right now but if it's like the "drop" process, you won't be able to add just one night.

In my example it was trying to book an entirely new reservation even though I'm holding all of the night. I have Dec 11-14. When trying to "change" that to Dec 12-14, it searched for current vacancies on those nights. When they weren't available, it rejected my modification attempt.

If I'd tried to ADD Dec 15 to my reservation, I suspect it would have queried all of Dec 11-15 before allowing the "change."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TimK View Post
    I was thinking about when airlines finally open up your dates of travel and you find it will cost you another $300 for your family to leave on the day you originally scheduled but if you left the day before it doesn't.

People will always find ways to manipulate the system until DVC starts limiting changes on reservations or charging for the change. As it now stands I am shocked at how many members will make 10-15 changes to their reservations, changing resorts, dates or room types. Of course fees would hurt all members not just those that do excessive changes.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mkeef View Post
    Hi Tim, Based on your experience with this change you can’t drop a night. But it looks like you can add a night? We generally go for 8-14 nights with each booking so we book the 7 nights at our window and then every day had to call to get a night added.

MS could just add it but then we had to wait until they opened and sit on hold every morning for the next 1-6 days.
    I just wanted to point out that there really is no need to call MS every day to add your extra days. You should be able to wait as many as 6 days after making your initial reservation before you need to call, without any possibility of your additional days becoming unavailable.

As an illustration:

Let's say you called MS on February 1, 2018 for your seven-night reservation that will start on January 1, 2019 (check in on Jan 1, check out on Jan 8 ). This means you have taken one room out of the available inventory for those 7 nights -- one room that is now unavailable for anyone else to book. The room you have taken will not be available for anybody else to book until February 8, which is the 11-month window for owners booking the first day of their stay for January 8. Therefore, as long as you call MS on or before February 7 to add your extra days, you should be safe.

Said another way -- if before February 7, 2018 your room somehow shows as being unavailable to you to extend past your original January 7, 2019 checkout, it would mean someone was able to book a night in that room for January 8, 2019 without booking the earlier days. That should not be possible.

I hope this make sense, and that this will save you some wasted and unnecessary time on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1972 View Post
    I just wanted to point out that there really is no need to call MS every day to add your extra days. You should be able to wait as many as 6 days after making your initial reservation before you need to call, without any possibility of your additional days becoming unavailable.

As an illustration:

Let's say you called MS on February 1, 2018 for your seven-night reservation that will start on January 1, 2019 (check in on Jan 1, check out on Jan 8 ). This means you have taken one room out of the available inventory for those 7 nights -- one room that is now unavailable for anyone else to book. The room you have taken will not be available for anybody else to book until February 8, which is the 11-month window for owners booking the first day of their stay for January 8. Therefore, as long as you call MS on or before February 7 to add your extra days, you should be safe.

Said another way -- if before February 7, 2018 your room somehow shows as being unavailable to you to extend past your original January 7, 2019 checkout, it would mean someone was able to book a night in that room for January 8, 2019 without booking the earlier days. That should not be possible.

I hope this make sense, and that this will save you some wasted and unnecessary time on the phone.
    I see what you are saying and it makes sense just curious if you know this as fact or in theory.

Since rooms aren’t assigned at the time the reservation is made and so many competing reservations lengths it doesnt seem impossible for any extra days we would want to be completely booked.

We own at BLT and it seems near impossible to book standard view anything outside the 11 mth window (for week long +stays ) so I’d hate to leave it to chance. I appreciate the insight tho.
    WDW - POFQ, CS, ASM, BLT, OKW, VWL, AKL - (9 trips)
    DL - 4 trips
    DCL - 2 cruises
    Aulani - 3 trips