Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Connecting Studio Option Added at Polynesian (or Maybe Not)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Connecting Studio Option Added at Polynesian (or Maybe Not)

Addressing a lingering issue since the resort's debut, Disney Vacation Club appears to be adding a connecting studio booking option for Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.

UPDATE 10:10am: One DVC Member Services rep claims the appearance of this Connecting Studio option in the Resort Availability Tool is a system glitch and they do NOT plan to add such an option for members. We have reached out to a DVC representative for comment. Stay tuned.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

That's good because as an Owner at PVR, there aren't enough Studios to go around as it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind that people are already booking two studios at a time for their larger groups. It’s just that right now connecting studios are handled as a request; it is not guaranteed. By making this a booking category it will allieviate the uncertainty for those who want two studios.

The negative to this change (when it does occur) will be that some members will now be willing to book the Poly because they can be assured of getting connecting studios. It just makes the Poly more popular.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if this option was supposed to be a convenience item for cast members when making this type of reservation. Or an experiment for a cast member to book connecting rooms. But instead it showed up on the Resort availability tool.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Connecting Studio Option Added at Polynesian (or Maybe Not)

DVC needs to take over another building.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Would welcome this option

I also saw the connecting studio option on the Resort Availability Tool earlier today, then later in the day, it had disappeared. I would welcome this option - I would like to stay at the Poly but have previously been unwilling to book because I could not be guaranteed connecting studios. I love being able to help my daughter by watching the grandchildren during nap time, but rooms must connect to make this viable.