Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Fourth Declaration for Copper Creek in Four Months

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    5,359
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarolynFH View Post
    I don’t think points per day per villa type between different resorts reflect relative room size between different resorts. Historically points per day have risen with each new resort, most dramatically with VGF & Poly. CCV is an outlier because of being so closely associated with BRV - the points per night are very similar.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So the point total being higher for a smaller room is a combination of an existing on-site DVC and a newer resort?

    Janet & Dan


  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
    So the point total being higher for a smaller room is a combination of an existing on-site DVC and a newer resort?
    In general, the newer the resort, the higher the cost per night (as well as the cost per point!). CCV was the first DVC resort built as part of the same overall resort (Wilderness Lodge) as a much older but separate DVC resort, BRV. Pricing CCV villas (which are actually smaller than the corresponding BRV villas) significantly higher per night than BRV villas might have complicated selling CCV.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    BCV, SSR preferred, AKL Savanna View and BLT standard (all built after BRV) have similar (not exact) point requirements to CCV excluding Grand Villas. SSR standard, and AKL standard and value have lower points requirements. BLT Lakeview and Magic Kingdom view, PV, and GFV are all higher points per night. Remarkably, BRV had the same occupancy limitations as CCV when it was initially built.
    Last edited by jarestel; 06-10-2018 at 06:04 PM.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
    The trip reports for CC say the rooms are small but the point per day total do not seem to reflect the size like the AK Value rooms. Am I wrong?
    I think the point is that room size has nothing to do with points per night. DVD sets the point charts based on other factors, not whether a room is larger or smaller than the equivalent room in a separate resort.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    5,359
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just seems odd to me what the room point totals are based. We love AK but we stay there based on the low point total and how much time we'll be spending in the parks (for instance, March = ESPN WWS so the park days will be very limited = AK). If we're spending time in parks we'll trade into BC with our AK/BL points because the location wins over the room point total (unless it's Fall then we'll used our BC points).

    I don't see the draw for CC with the rooms being tight versus the Poly where it's a short walk to transportation center and the rooms are huge so the higher point total makes sense, not being a cook or launderer.

    Janet & Dan


  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,814
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    When I choose a resort, the square footage of the studio plays virtually no decision in my selection process. There are other variables, such as view, that play a much more important role when it comes to me picking a studio.

    OKW has one of the largest studios by square foot, while BLT has one of the smallest. But I would choose BLT every time over OKW because it has much better views, its in a better location, and, with its special kitchenette layout, it actually makes better use of its limited space than the OKW studio.

    We also own at AKV and could book the Value studios at the 11-month window. But I prefer to book a Savanna View studio, not because of space but because of the view.






  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Missouri City, TX
    Posts
    15,563
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think DVC intentionally made the point cost per night per villa type for Copper Creek to match the original DVC Villas at Wilderness lodge, DBA Boulder Ridge Villas. As a member then you have the option of deciding if you want to stay in the lodge or have the larger room.
    --Denise

    Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

    11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House


  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Fourth Declaration for Copper Creek in Four Months

    Quote Originally Posted by wdrl
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolynFH View Post
    I’ve been watching studio availability as my 7-month window for late January 2019 approaches and was hoping to see availability increase for at least a few days after the recent declaration. It didn’t! Keeping fingers crossed for when my window does open, or for having a waitlist fill later!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It doesn't surprise me that you didn't notice an increase in availability for Copper Creek after the latest declaration. I have been tracking declarations since 2009 and I can't think of an instant where someone reported getting a waitlist request filled immediately after a declaration was made.

    There could be several explanations for this: The most obvious is that it does happen, but the member to whom it happened didn't post it on one of the Disney sites I follow.

    Another explanation is one of timing. The news of this latest declaration was posted by DVCNews on June 4; it was recorded by the Orange County Comptroller on June 1; and it was signed off by Disney on May 30. At the very least, Disney could have been filling reservations using these newly declared villas by May 30. In fact, its possible that Disney started using these villas to fill reservation requests as early as May 20.

    I mention this because over the years I have seen a few deeds that were being processed before the declaration was recorded by OCC. The latest example was in February with a Copper Creek declaration. The declaration was signed off by Disney on February 12, 2018. However, there was at least one deed in which the buyer dated the deed as February 2, ten days before the official date of the declaration. Since Disney has to wait at least 10 days after selling a deed before it can close on the deal (its the I-changed-my-mind-and-want-my-money-back clause in Florida timeshare law), Disney has a few days to start using these villas before a declaration is known to the public.

    Since I know Disney can fudge by 10 days before a Unit is officially declared, I always wonder whether it takes into account declarations that are months in the future when filling reservation. For example, let's say that Disney knows that by July 31, 2018, it will make another Copper Creek declaration that contains 15 more studios. In theory, it could already let members book those 15 studios as long as their check-in dates are on July 31 or later. So when the next declaration is actually made on July 31st, all of those studios have already been snapped up by DVC members.

    This last part is just speculation on my part. I can think of a handful of reasons why Disney could not handle future declarations in this manner. But I can also think of some reasons why it would be perfectly legitimate and actually beneficial to the DVC membership as a whole.

    In any event, I hope you get the studio you want. Copper Creek is a great resort!
    Short reply: I got it!

    Long reply: Has there been another declaration recently? As I've posted before, I've been watching studios at CCV and BRV for some months now in hopes of switching a late January reservation. It had not been looking good - no more than 2 of the 4 nights I wanted were available at CCV and only 3 of the 4 were available at BRV yesterday morning. Well, today was the day, and once I got over the disorientation of the RAT disappearing and the new booking site appearing, I saw to my joy that all four nights were available at CCV, and we booked it! BRV availability didn't change, though, so again I wonder if more units were recently declared into the CCV condominium or (since we don't know how closely availability of specific villas mirrors declaration of those specific villas into the condominium) if DVC just decided to make more studios available for those dates.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,814
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarolynFH View Post
    Short reply: I got it!

    Long reply: Has there been another declaration recently? As I've posted before, I've been watching studios at CCV and BRV for some months now in hopes of switching a late January reservation. It had not been looking good - no more than 2 of the 4 nights I wanted were available at CCV and only 3 of the 4 were available at BRV yesterday morning. Well, today was the day, and once I got over the disorientation of the RAT disappearing and the new booking site appearing, I saw to my joy that all four nights were available at CCV, and we booked it! BRV availability didn't change, though, so again I wonder if more units were recently declared into the CCV condominium or (since we don't know how closely availability of specific villas mirrors declaration of those specific villas into the condominium) if DVC just decided to make more studios available for those dates.
    No, there has not been another declaration for Copper Creek since the last one on May 30, 2018. You might have gotten the nights you wanted simply because someone canceled those nights and your waitlist was at the top of the list.

    In any event, congratulations!






  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    No, there has not been another declaration for Copper Creek since the last one on May 30, 2018. You might have gotten the nights you wanted simply because someone canceled those nights and your waitlist was at the top of the list.

    In any event, congratulations!
    Ah, but it wasnt a waitlist! But of course as you say someone may have cancelled. I waited until nearly 11 AM ET for the flurry of 7-month changes to settle down a bit.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •