Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Fourth Declaration for Copper Creek in Four Months

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,025
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Fourth Declaration for Copper Creek in Four Months

    Less than seven weeks after its last declaration, Disney Vacation Club has added more points to the condominium assocation for Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.



    View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,825
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    As noted in the article, Disney has declared 94 of Copper Creek's 184 vacation homes. Here is a 'best guess' estimate of what is left to be declared for each accommodation type:




    Dedicated Studios: 7 Declared; 35 Not yet declared
    Dedicated One-Bedroom villas: 11 Declared; 9 Not yet declared
    Lock-off Two-Bedroom villas: 23 Declared; 13 Not yet declared

    Dedicated Two-Bedroom villas: 36 Declared; 20 Not yet declared
    Three-Bedroom Grand Villas: 3 Declared; 1 Not yet declared
    Cabins: 14 Declared; 12 Undeclared

    ================
    94 Vacation Homes Declared; 90 Vacation Homes Not yet declared

    Disney has not yet declared any of the vacation homes that are on the first and second floors of the DVC wing. Most of Copper Creek's dedicated studios are located on those two floors, which explains why so few dedicated studios have been declared so far.






  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ive been watching studio availability as my 7-month window for late January 2019 approaches and was hoping to see availability increase for at least a few days after the recent declaration. It didnt! Keeping fingers crossed for when my window does open, or for having a waitlist fill later!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Missouri City, TX
    Posts
    15,590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I really think DVC opens availability for newly declared rooms before we know the Declaration is formerly filed with Orange County. And I expect wait lists are filled and someone just gets lucky when checking one day. I really basing my belief on the fact they sales these points as soon, if not just before, they sign the declaration papers and it can anywhere from a few days to 10 days before it gets filed with Orange County. Of course, since this declaration was only for 12 vacation homes that won't really add much to availability for Copper Creek.
    --Denise

    Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

    11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,825
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarolynFH View Post
    Ive been watching studio availability as my 7-month window for late January 2019 approaches and was hoping to see availability increase for at least a few days after the recent declaration. It didnt! Keeping fingers crossed for when my window does open, or for having a waitlist fill later!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It doesn't surprise me that you didn't notice an increase in availability for Copper Creek after the latest declaration. I have been tracking declarations since 2009 and I can't think of an instant where someone reported getting a waitlist request filled immediately after a declaration was made.

    There could be several explanations for this: The most obvious is that it does happen, but the member to whom it happened didn't post it on one of the Disney sites I follow.

    Another explanation is one of timing. The news of this latest declaration was posted by DVCNews on June 4; it was recorded by the Orange County Comptroller on June 1; and it was signed off by Disney on May 30. At the very least, Disney could have been filling reservations using these newly declared villas by May 30. In fact, its possible that Disney started using these villas to fill reservation requests as early as May 20.

    I mention this because over the years I have seen a few deeds that were being processed before the declaration was recorded by OCC. The latest example was in February with a Copper Creek declaration. The declaration was signed off by Disney on February 12, 2018. However, there was at least one deed in which the buyer dated the deed as February 2, ten days before the official date of the declaration. Since Disney has to wait at least 10 days after selling a deed before it can close on the deal (its the I-changed-my-mind-and-want-my-money-back clause in Florida timeshare law), Disney has a few days to start using these villas before a declaration is known to the public.

    Since I know Disney can fudge by 10 days before a Unit is officially declared, I always wonder whether it takes into account declarations that are months in the future when filling reservation. For example, let's say that Disney knows that by July 31, 2018, it will make another Copper Creek declaration that contains 15 more studios. In theory, it could already let members book those 15 studios as long as their check-in dates are on July 31 or later. So when the next declaration is actually made on July 31st, all of those studios have already been snapped up by DVC members.

    This last part is just speculation on my part. I can think of a handful of reasons why Disney could not handle future declarations in this manner. But I can also think of some reasons why it would be perfectly legitimate and actually beneficial to the DVC membership as a whole.

    In any event, I hope you get the studio you want. Copper Creek is a great resort!






  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    It doesn't surprise me that you didn't notice an increase in availability for Copper Creek after the latest declaration. I have been tracking declarations since 2009 and I can't think of an instant where someone reported getting a waitlist request filled immediately after a declaration was made.

    There could be several explanations for this: The most obvious is that it does happen, but the member to whom it happened didn't post it on one of the Disney sites I follow.

    Another explanation is one of timing. The news of this latest declaration was posted by DVCNews on June 4; it was recorded by the Orange County Comptroller on June 1; and it was signed off by Disney on May 30. At the very least, Disney could have been filling reservations using these newly declared villas by May 30. In fact, its possible that Disney started using these villas to fill reservation requests as early as May 20.

    I mention this because over the years I have seen a few deeds that were being processed before the declaration was recorded by OCC. The latest example was in February with a Copper Creek declaration. The declaration was signed off by Disney on February 12, 2018. However, there was at least one deed in which the buyer dated the deed as February 2, ten days before the official date of the declaration. Since Disney has to wait at least 10 days after selling a deed before it can close on the deal (its the I-changed-my-mind-and-want-my-money-back clause in Florida timeshare law), Disney has a few days to start using these villas before a declaration is known to the public.

    Since I know Disney can fudge by 10 days before a Unit is officially declared, I always wonder whether it takes into account declarations that are months in the future when filling reservation. For example, let's say that Disney knows that by July 31, 2018, it will make another Copper Creek declaration that contains 15 more studios. In theory, it could already let members book those 15 studios as long as their check-in dates are on July 31 or later. So when the next declaration is actually made on July 31st, all of those studios have already been snapped up by DVC members.

    This last part is just speculation on my part. I can think of a handful of reasons why Disney could not handle future declarations in this manner. But I can also think of some reasons why it would be perfectly legitimate and actually beneficial to the DVC membership as a whole.

    In any event, I hope you get the studio you want. Copper Creek is a great resort!
    Thanks for the good wishes and the very interesting addition to my DVC knowledge!

    I think I did have a waitlist fill at Poly as a result of a declaration. At 7 months I had waitlisted a studio for early January 2017 and kept checking the RAT without seeing any openings for our dates, so I was surprised when it filled. Shortly afterwards you posted that a declaration had been made right about that time. Obviously Poly has a lot more studios than CCV does, so that will make a difference!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    5,368
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The trip reports for CC say the rooms are small but the point per day total do not seem to reflect the size like the AK Value rooms. Am I wrong?

    Janet & Dan


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,825
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
    The trip reports for CC say the rooms are small but the point per day total do not seem to reflect the size like the AK Value rooms. Am I wrong?
    I'm not sure what you are asking? Yes, the Copper Creek villas are smaller compared to some of the other DVC resorts. Are you saying that because they are smaller they should require fewer points per night than, say, BWV or OKW?






  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
    The trip reports for CC say the rooms are small but the point per day total do not seem to reflect the size like the AK Value rooms. Am I wrong?
    I dont think points per day per villa type between different resorts reflect relative room size between different resorts. Historically points per day have risen with each new resort, most dramatically with VGF & Poly. CCV is an outlier because of being so closely associated with BRV - the points per night are very similar.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    5,368
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    I'm not sure what you are asking? Yes, the Copper Creek villas are smaller compared to some of the other DVC resorts. Are you saying that because they are smaller they should require fewer points per night than, say, BWV or OKW?
    Yes. In mid-January CC studio is 15 points a night compared to AKJ VS is 9 points, BW SV is 10 points, BL SV is 14 points. So if it's not the room being reflected in the points totals then is it the resort size?

    Janet & Dan


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •