Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tambu Lounge Refurbishment

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tambu Lounge Refurbishment

Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows will lose one of its lounges for a couple of months this summer.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Tambu has long been one of our favorite lounges. We made several visits there during our stay at the Poly Villas a couple years back, and often pop in on other vacations. But I suppose it could use a bit of refreshing.
    When it gets very busy, it is a spot where service levels seem to suffer more than some of our other favorites (Victoria Falls, Territory Lounge, Crew's Cup).
    Hopefully some of these enhancements can help the great Cast Members do their thing.
    Last edited by worldfanatic; 06-01-2018 at 06:01 PM.
    *JEFF*

NEXT WDW VACATION
    9/25/18 - 10/7/18
    BWV, AKLV(Kidani) & OKW

Post Thanks / Like

In the evenings that lounge is packed so much so that we rarely get in there. I hope they enlarge it.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the lounge just outside of Ohanas

Post Thanks / Like

We love this lounge WHEN we can get a seat. Because the Ohana waiting area is right outside the lounge, it tends to be very busy most evening until after 9 or 10. Best location on property for a rum runner.

Post Thanks / Like

DVCNews recently polled readers whether they switch resorts because the featured pool is closed at a resort. I wonder if we should have a follow-up poll and ask if readers switch resorts because a bar is closed?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tambu Lounge Refurbishment

I hope Steve's timeline is right. We will be there for a night in October and plan to go to the lounge for a beverage before ordering the Ohana feast delivered to the room for fireworks viewing. (Lake view PVB room).

wdwnt.com is now reporting 3 months starting August 5

Post Thanks / Like

Love this place - especially in the middle of the day - very quiet and relaxed - DH has a hard time prying me away

Janet & Dan