Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Disney charges higher interst rates for Resale members

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Westville, NJ
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Disney charges higher interst rates for Resale members

    Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but I figured that I would share my experience from yesterday with everyone. Last July I became a DVC member by purchasing two separate contracts on the resale market. 150 points at Boardwalk and 70 points at Poly, both with a June use year. Yesterday I called member services to purchase 80 points directly for Copper Creek. After being redirected to a sales associate and going over some basic info, the contract started to take shape. I was putting 20% down and financing the other 80% at $182 per point. After a quick credit check, I was given a quote of 8.5% interest rate. Things were going smoothly until the sales associate tried to submit the contract. He apologized and placed me on hold so he could contact a supervisor. It turns out that because I purchased my contracts from resale and not Disney their credit department doesn't consider me as a member in good standing. Therefore I don't qualify for the 8.5% interest rate but rather a 14.5% rate instead. On a plus note, because I have a June expiration date and am well past the banking date for points. They moved my newly purchased 2017 points to 2018.
    Cheers - Rob

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Missouri City, TX
    Posts
    15,563
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks for the post, I haven't heard about a 6 point higher interest rate for resale buyers trying to purchase a small contract direct. I really don't understand it as you buying direct perhaps the difference is that you are being treated as a first buyer versus as a DVC member adding on. IMO that is ridiculous that DVC is going that route as I still feel that all members should be treated equally.
    --Denise

    Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

    11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House


  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I agree, IMO that is ridiculous. If you're buying this package direct why treat you any different? UGH. They are still profiting off the direct sale.
    I think I would have financed through one of the resale finance companies; I know at least one does direct dvc financing too and they don't punish you for buying direct. a loan is a loan, right? Good luck

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    5,359
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    IMO, refinance the loan.

    Janet & Dan


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •