Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: The Atlantis Rumor Revisited

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Atlantis Rumor Revisited

Its been over two years since rumors first surfaced of an Atlantis resort adjacent to Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa. Today there is no visible indication of when the project will break ground, much less when Atlantis might welcome its first guests. However, there are signs that work is beginning to bring Atlantis to the Aulani neighborhood.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

As mentioned in the article, there was another wedding chapel on the vacant Atlantis lot, but it has already been demolished. Here is an aerial photograph that was taken in January 2016 shortly after the Atlantis rumor first surfaced. You can see the chapel, encircled in red, on the Atlantis lot.

Air View Jan 2016.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this update. I love how you keep things simple to understand with your pictures. I also wanted to say I look forward to your sales reports each month. I know a lot of work/time goes into them so I just wanted to say Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rochester Disney Fan View Post
    Thanks for this update. I love how you keep things simple to understand with your pictures. I also wanted to say I look forward to your sales reports each month. I know a lot of work/time goes into them so I just wanted to say Thanks.
    Thanks for following along!

Its fun tracking changes at Disney and the resorts. Our plans are to go to Aulani every other year, so our next visit won't be until 2020. Maybe by that time construction will have begun on Atlantis, and maybe by 2022 it will be open.

5. Likes Rochester Disney Fan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That wedding chapel was printing money anytime I was at Aulani. There seemed to be a constant stream of (mostly Japanese) weddings all day, every day. If the Atlantis folks are smart, they'll add a wedding pavilion to their construction plans! And I've always wondered why Disney didn't make a bigger push for "fairy tale weddings" at Aulani--seems like a rare missed opportunity for easy revenue...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    That wedding chapel was printing money anytime I was at Aulani. There seemed to be a constant stream of (mostly Japanese) weddings all day, every day. If the Atlantis folks are smart, they'll add a wedding pavilion to their construction plans! And I've always wondered why Disney didn't make a bigger push for "fairy tale weddings" at Aulani--seems like a rare missed opportunity for easy revenue...
    Well, Disney needed the space for the third pool where the weddings were held at Aulani. I remember during one of our trips they closed the adult pool all day for an evening wedding so they could decorate the area. Guests were not happy. Aulani still is advertising Fairy Tale weddings at Aulani. https://www.disneyweddings.com/hawai...-HawaiiWedding Maybe Aulani uses the area where the luau is staged a few days a week.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Yes they do wedding ceremonies and small receptions at the luau area. I have a friend that does wedding photos and videos there and they are busy. I believe in the summer it is 2 weddings a day on average. He is not the only photographer and not all couples buy the photo and video package.

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Well, Disney needed the space for the third pool where the weddings were held at Aulani. I remember during one of our trips they closed the adult pool all day for an evening wedding so they could decorate the area. Guests were not happy. Aulani still is advertising Fairy Tale weddings at Aulani. https://www.disneyweddings.com/hawai...-HawaiiWedding Maybe Aulani uses the area where the luau is staged a few days a week.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

9. Thanks denlo thanked for this post