Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Old Key West Renovated Two Bedroom Pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Old Key West Renovated Two Bedroom Pics

Take a look inside a renovated Two Bedroom Villa at Disney's Old Key West Resort.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I do hope that DVC will add a bed scarf and colorful throw pillows to the bed(s) because the all white linens look pretty stark to me. I know at Bay Lake Tower when they did soft refurb in 2016 the bed scarves and pillows were added later in the process almost at the point when the entire resort was refurbished so I still have hopes for OKW.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

One reason why they may be reluctant to add pillows and bed scarfs is that, as a front desk manager at OKW told me, sometimes guests actually take those items with them when they check out. I think that's appalling!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I should know this, but anyone know which buildings are currently refurbished? We arrive July 31 for 2 weeks and we have a “near hospitality house” 2 BR. TIA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent's Dad View Post
    Okay, I should know this, but anyone know which buildings are currently refurbished? We arrive July 31 for 2 weeks and we have a “near hospitality house” 2 BR. TIA.
    When we were there last week, they hadn't even begun work on any of the "near hospitality house" villas. They'd done SOME in Southpoint (but not 51, where we were until we moved) and were working on 46-48, and it appeared were also working on the Turtle Pond area to the left as you face the pool. I think some in the "upper Turtle Pond area" (near the tennis courts) might be done.

Post Thanks / Like

So far I have seen reports by members that the following Buildings are refurbished: 30-35, 45, 47, 53-56. One posted that building 48 was being worked on.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Old Key West Renovated Two Bedroom Pics

I appreciate the remodeling of floors, counter-tops, bathrooms, etc. I am not a fan of the redecorating that has occurred over the past 20 years. Each new decor theme seems to get more plain, more boring and less like Key West (i.e. sofa colors, no color on the beds). Where is the "whimsical" they used to promote?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Old Key West Renovated Two Bedroom Pics

I'm both relieved and a bit upset. Relieved because some things I was worried about didn't happen, like changing the hot tub for a soak tub like they did at other resorts. I also like how the kitchen ended up, as well as the bathrooms.

The part that has me upset is the decor. Extremely plain. The fabric they used to reupholster all chairs & sofa beds looks like what you'd find at any non-Disney hotel, I think the single sofa bed was left with the same green color as before the remodel. The bedroom walls & furniture paint's color scheme is incredibly plain.

Overall, I think is turning out better than I hoped as in they didn't mess too much with the rooms at OKW as they did at other resorts.
    Old Key West 1996
    Boardwalk Villas 1998

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, nothing says Key West like brown. The sleeper chair used to be brown, but now it isn't. But that gawdawful alligator finish coffee table that was so nice when it was just yellow is still there. The area rug in the living room looks like something left over from BLT.

I will miss the drawers in the bathroom. I used them all the time to store my bathroom items, like toothbrush, hair brush, comb, etc. I'm surprised they didn't close up the shutters from the tub to the master bedroom.
    Last edited by Deb & Bill; 05-28-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the living room/kitchen area look, though I liked the way it was before. But the bedroom/bath area just looks stale, like no imagination was used at all