Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 7-month switch question

Post Thanks / Like

Default 7-month switch question

When switching at 7mo I like to overlap if I can and book new resort before canceling home resort in order to avoid the possibility the new becomes unavailable in the moment after cancellation.
    If I have to borrow 2019 points to do this, then once I canceled my home resort
    ressie, could I still bank those 2018 points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

No, you could not bank those borrowed points. Borrowing points, like banking points, is a final transaction. Members cannot "un-borrow" points and place them back in their original Use Year. So if I borrow some of my 2019 Use Year points and put them into my 2018 Use Year, they will stay in the 2018 Use Year. If not used by the end of my 2018 Use Year, those borrowed points will expire.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 7-month switch question

Sorry. I don’t mean to bank the borrowed points. I may have to borrow in order to have both resorts booked for the hour until I can call member services to cancel the first few nights of my original reservation. Those were made with 2018 points. They’ll go back into my account. It is those points that I want to know if I can then bank into 2019 later

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lumieregirl View Post
    Sorry. I don’t mean to bank the borrowed points. I may have to borrow in order to have both resorts booked for the hour until I can call member services to cancel the first few nights of my original reservation. Those were made with 2018 points. They’ll go back into my account. It is those points that I want to know if I can then bank into 2019 later
    If the points have never been previously banked or borrowed, then you can bank them into your next Use Year. Of course, that assumes you are still within your eight month banking window!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ! Much relieved.