Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Two DVC Member Cruise Opportunities in 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Default Two DVC Member Cruise Opportunities in 2019

Disney Vacation Club is offering its members two exclusive Disney Cruise Line voyages in 2019: a 5-night cruise along the Pacific coast and a 7-night voyage to Bermuda.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

The cash rate is lower than the amount you can easily rent your points for at $12 - $13 per point. So it looks like the cash rate is the way to go. However, $1841 per person for an inside cabin for a five night cruise is pretty expensive. We are doing a California Coastal (LA, Santa Barbara, San Francisco-over night, Monterey, Catalina Island, Ensenada, Mexico) on Celebrity in October 2019 and are paying $1736 for 7 nights in a balcony cabin. Category 5A is similar to our cabin on Celebrity and it costs $3014 per person, double occupancy. We will be paying $1278 per person less by doing a Celebrity cruise versus the member cruise. I just find it hard to believe that the entertainment, lecturers and Disney vibe is really worth that much more money.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

We are Disney Platinum cruisers, and a few years ago we decided to do a members cruise (had to give it at least one try). We did. We won't again. It seems people are either pickled tink and really happy as can be, glad they laid out the cash, or others like us, wondering why did we spend so much for so little extra. Rather have gone on two regular 7-nighters with the $$$ instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dan58diz View Post
    We are Disney Platinum cruisers, and a few years ago we decided to do a members cruise (had to give it at least one try). We did. We won't again. It seems people are either pickled think and really happy as can be, glad they laid out the cash, or others like us, wondering why did we spend so much for so little extra. Rather have gone on two regular 7-nighters with the $$$ instead.
    Those sound like bargain prices for a Disney cruise--two weeks on a Disney cruise for the price of a member cruise. I always try to compare apples to apples or cruise departure city to the same destination, so for the member cruise that would be New York to Bermuda. But the Disney website doesn't show any New York to Bermuda cruise for 2019 (despite that it advertises the 2019 cruises). It does show a 6 night Bahamian October 2018 cruise from New York for $3203 for an inside. The member cruise starts at $2516 for an inside cabin for it's 2019 cruise.

Of course if we were comparing non Disney cruises to the member cruise you might be able to get a 10 -14 day cruise for similar pricing in a better cabin.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

I’d love to hear others peoples’ experience with members cruises! It sounds fun, but a regular DCL trip is already pushing the budget :-)

Post Thanks / Like

We did the member cruise back in 2014. It was the first time they had it at the end if Aug so we were able to do it since the kid and my wife where not back in school yet.

Was it worth it? Back then is seemed to be. It was not much more then a regular 4 night that we had booked for July (and we moved that to this one). What you pay for are all the perks like the gifts. Though getting 4 scrabble sets (one for each person in the family) seemed a bit much. But we had great guests: Marty Sklar, Tony Baxter (who I bumped into after the cruise coming out of Three Caballeros), Alice Davis, and Bill Farmer (voice of Goofy). Getting to hear all them speak was very cool. Also, the creators of Phineas and Ferb where on board to show us their Star Wars episode and discuss it before it aired on TV. That was done on funnel vision so we got to hang out in the pool while they did it.

It did have a different vibe them a normal Disney cruise and that made the cruise feel odd or at least different. The daily structure was different and activities from regular cruises were not there or moved to different locations to make room for the DVC special events.

Would be do it again? Looking at the cost of these now, I can't see us doing it again. We did it once and I am glad we did. If you can swing it, give it a try.
    -Matt

"I am not a baby! I have a pension!"
    "We want cake! Where's our cake?!"
    "The sea monkey has my money."

A bad day at WDW is still better then a good day at work!!

Lets go Devils!
    Go Big Blue!
    Lets go Mets!

7. Likes denlo liked this post