Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Permit Linked to River Country Redevelopment

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Permit Linked to River Country Redevelopment

This week Disney moved closer to beginning construction on the site that was formerly home to Disney's River Country waterpark.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

CCV sales numbers prove there is demand for the area.
    With Tron coming in 2021 to MK and MK celebrating 50 years (Oct. 1, 2021), the timing for another DVC resort in the MK area (2021-2022) would be perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt your hard core FW Camper is thrilled about having 1000 or so DVC guests hanging out in their back yard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 View Post
    I doubt your hard core FW Camper is thrilled about having 1000 or so DVC guests hanging out in their back yard.
    If I was a camper, Iíd just be counting my blessings that Disney keeps a campground open. Iím sure somebody looks at a map every year and thinks about how much more money they could make bulldozing it and building another resort there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by graydogg51 View Post
    If I was a camper, I’d just be counting my blessings that Disney keeps a campground open. I’m sure somebody looks at a map every year and thinks about how much more money they could make bulldozing it and building another resort there.

I was also thinking this could spell doom for the camp ground, but then I recall that the land the CG sits on is mostly wetlands. Similar to the Tree House Villas, the FW is grand fathered. As long as it remains a camp ground, wetland rules don't apply - at least entirely.

In Florida there is some law that states you can develope wetlands, but you also have to purchase large parcels of land in the Everglades and convert it to "pre white man" condition. Years ago Disney did this and now maintains a 10,000 acre parcel of land that used to be a cattle ranch. So I guess if the money is right, FW could still go bye bye.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 View Post
    I was also thinking this could spell doom for the camp ground, but then I recall that the land the CG sits on is mostly wetlands. Similar to the Tree House Villas, the FW is grand fathered. As long as it remains a camp ground, wetland rules don't apply - at least entirely.

In Florida there is some law that states you can develope wetlands, but you also have to purchase large parcels of land in the Everglades and convert it to "pre white man" condition. Years ago Disney did this and now maintains a 10,000 acre parcel of land that used to be a cattle ranch. So I guess if the money is right, FW could still go bye bye.
    Wetlands mitigation banking is a federal law, so it applies to all states including tribal lands. Itís why the Army Corps of Engineers issues the permits. Purchasing mitigation credits is like spending a fraction of a fraction of a penny to a major corporation, so I donít think that factors in to their decision. Our clients do it all the time.