Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glasses and Mugs Disappearing from DVC Studios

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glasses and Mugs Disappearing from DVC Studios

Ceramic mugs and glasses have been removed from a number of Disney Vacation Club resorts, replaced with paper and plastic products.

Update 4/26: Response from Disney has been added to story.

Aulani Deluxe Studio supplies

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing. In rooms with dishwashers I am ok with actual dishes. If there is no dishwasher, how are the cleaning employees supposed to effectively clean the dishes?

This is great news, IMO.

3. Thanks dpinlnk1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I completely agree. I’d prefer the paper and plastic! I have no desire to wash dishes on vacation!

Post Thanks / Like

Nooooooo!!!! I prefer my coffee in a real cup.

6. Likes Firenut81 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I check into a 1BR villa ANYWHERE and I have only paper products for plates and bowls, I intend to shove everyone of them into the dishwasher and turn it on. This is not the level of service I expect, nor what I paid for. Next, we'll only have plastic silverware...gotta love cutting a steak with a lego piece. Prices continue to climb, both for points, passes, and everything else Disney.....and we are getting less and less everywhere.
    I can't wait, to save on Disney having to do laundry, we'll dry off after showers with those brown paper napkins, and beds will be lined with that plastic paper generally found on doctor exam tables. Get up, throw it out. Throw everything out. Water conservation ! So, what's the going resale rate for my 900 points? I am continually pushed further and further away from my favorite place in the world. May be time to find a new happy place.

8. Likes ekosswald1990, disneybaker, Firenut81 liked this post
    Hilton Head 2 weeks a year, otherwise irrelevent
    Post Thanks / Like

We've been down this road before. Years ago the real china and glassware was removed as a "safety" issue and quickly replaced after a month or so due to member complaints.

Make your preference known. They do listen.

Post Thanks / Like

When I stayed in a studio at SSR in January, they had already removed the coffee mugs and replaced them with paper cups. I don’t mind the paper products and plastic silverware but I hated losing the real coffee mugs.
    ~Linda

Next scheduled trips
    Aug. 11-18 (Aulani)
    Sept. 28-Oct. 3 (Aulani)
    Oct. 3-6 (DLR)

Post Thanks / Like

Well that stinks! I really do not like heating water in a plastic/paper cup (for my tea or oatmeal) in the microwave! That is just ridiculous. Even regular hotels give you glasses/mugs in the rooms! Come on Disney, really? Guess I have to pack my own coffee mugs now.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit that this change to studios doesn't really bother me. I know that at most DVC resorts I can request a teakettle if I want to heat water for my tea.

Since the larger 1, 2, and 3 bedroom villas all have dishwashers, I can't see DVC making changes with them. But I have to admit that I always wondered if the cups and glasses were really clean in a studio and my only option was to had wash them myself in a studio. Whereas in a larger villa I could run the dishes through the dishwasher.

Edit: I forgot to mention that we still have glass wine glasses. It is sort of conflict as to why it bad to have mugs and real glasses, but okay to have a real wine glass. Of course, I would think many wine drinkers would be really unhappy with plastic wine glasses.
    Last edited by denlo; 04-25-2018 at 08:42 PM.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Chip....chip....chip.....

Nothing says D E L U X E like paper and plastic.

14. Likes Firenut81 liked this post