Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old Key West Renovated Studio Photos

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Old Key West Renovated Studio Photos

We booked a 3 BR Grand Villa for Labor Weekend. Originally requested near Hospitality House, but afterwards requested that we would rather been in a renovated room than near HH, but both would be ideal if those have been renovated. It seems the renovation is slow so that probably won't be an option. Either way, excited for our first stay at OKW since first purchasing in '06.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Old Key West Renovated Studio Photos

I can honestly say I despise this, and all the 'new' beds, seen in the other newly rehabbed resorts. My shins are guaranteed to be completely black and blue by the end of each trip. Why would you design sharp corners on beds like that?

Post Thanks / Like

We just don't care for the renovations at OKW or the renovations in any of the other resorts for two reasons.

1. For us, the beds don't seem to be as comfortable as before. The new pull out sofas at Beach Club are very hard and as far as we're concerned, not fit to sleep on. Even our 12 year old grandson couldn't sleep on it. We haven't tried all the new pull out sofas at the newly renovated DVC resorts, but basically assuming they are most likely the same.
    2. These renovated rooms look like any other coastal styled resort that is on the upscale. Very generic. We loved the villas being very themed out with the Disney flair, part of the Disney experience and escape from the outside world. e.g. Beach Club is now very modern feeling, not turn of the century seaside as before.

Even though the main reason for going back to your villa is to sleep, shower, regroup and maybe eat, for us it was just nice continuing the Disneyed out experience when you went back to your villa.
    Having fun with the Journey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waltons View Post
    We just don't care for the renovations at OKW or the renovations in any of the other resorts for two reasons.

1. For us, the beds don't seem to be as comfortable as before. The new pull out sofas at Beach Club are very hard and as far as we're concerned, not fit to sleep on. Even our 12 year old grandson couldn't sleep on it. We haven't tried all the new pull out sofas at the newly renovated DVC resorts, but basically assuming they are most likely the same.
    2. These renovated rooms look like any other coastal styled resort that is on the upscale. Very generic. We loved the villas being very themed out with the Disney flair, part of the Disney experience and escape from the outside world. e.g. Beach Club is now very modern feeling, not turn of the century seaside as before.

Even though the main reason for going back to your villa is to sleep, shower, regroup and maybe eat, for us it was just nice continuing the Disneyed out experience when you went back to your villa.
    I agree. The sofa sleeper in Beach Club is very uncomfortable. It's the same in the Poly studios. I like the idea of 2 queen beds in the studios.