Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Key West Renovated Studio Photos

Post Thanks / Like

Default Old Key West Renovated Studio Photos

Our friends at Allears.net have published some photos of the newly-renovated Deluxe Studio villas at Disney's Old Key West Resort.

Photo copyright Allears.net

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing about the door looks like Key West to me i'm not a big fan of how all the rooms look the same now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by athenna View Post
    Nothing about the door looks like Key West to me i'm not a big fan of how all the rooms look the same now
    I haven't stayed at OKW since October 2011, but I don't really see the difference between the exterior door in 2011 and the door today.

2018 Exterior Door

old-key-west-studio-renovated-2018-31.jpg

2011 exterior door
    DSCN6239.jpg
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    I haven't stayed at OKW since October 2011, but I don't really see the difference between the exterior door in 2011 and the door today.
    I am assuming that athenna meant to say "décor" that got auto-corrected to "door."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1972 View Post
    I am assuming that athenna meant to say "décor" that got auto-corrected to "door."

LOL Yes! I had no idea it changed it to door. I did mean decor.

Post Thanks / Like

For the amount of time we are in the room, I don't really care what the decor is. I do like that the beds have legs, I can stow luggage under the beds.

I REALLY with OKW would offer a Studio option with a King Bed with a nice seating area. I know, I can hear it now... people screaming how dare I suggest such blasphemy, OKW can ONLY have two queens. Well, to that I say go suck a lemon sour puss. I want a king bed.

Post Thanks / Like

One of my big pet peeves with the studio at OKW was that the luggage was always in view. I like that it can be stored underneath, but I am not thrilled with the hard wooden corners that I know I bump my shins on.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    One of my big pet peeves with the studio at OKW was that the luggage was always in view. I like that it can be stored underneath, but I am not thrilled with the hard wooden corners that I know I bump my shins on.
    They have the same beds at Copper Creek. After I bumped into them a couple of times, my husband put the throw pillows under each corner...sticking out a bit, so your eye could catch it before your shin did.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Old Key West Renovated Studio Photos

Is that really a freezer section in the mini fridge?! That is great. I hope it's in the real units, too.

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is the plainest room renovation I've seen. The bed frames look like the mattress is too small. End of the day, as long as the room is clean then I don't have a problem with sleeping there as that is all we do. I not only wish they vary the studios with a bed could arrangement but I which something could be done with were the closet is located.

My basic reaction to this reno is 'whatever'.

Janet & Dan