Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach

Hi everyone!

Thinking of making a trip to WDW this July! I have visited both water parks but it has been quite a few years. Looking for feedback on both parks...tell me the good, bad, and the ugly lol! I do realize that it IS July and it IS Florida but options for shade are kind of a big deal (history of melanoma) and we will have a 6 year old in our group!

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

BB is more "thrilling" but I really like the theme of TL. They also just opened - or will shortly - a near attraction. We were supposed to go there today (a grandson turned 7 today and this is where he wanted to go) but it's too cold here today.

Hilton Head 2 weeks a year, otherwise irrelevent
    Post Thanks / Like

Easy - Wave Pool.

Post Thanks / Like

Our teenage nieces prefer Blizzard Beach over Typhoon Lagoon because the rides are better (think faster).
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go2Disney View Post
    Hi everyone!

Thinking of making a trip to WDW this July! I have visited both water parks but it has been quite a few years. Looking for feedback on both parks...tell me the good, bad, and the ugly lol! I do realize that it IS July and it IS Florida but options for shade are kind of a big deal (history of melanoma) and we will have a 6 year old in our group!

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Michelle
    We prefer Typhoon Lagoon, it’s more laid back and the slides at B.B. are a bit rough on my back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

You can rent and area that has umbrellas, loungers and chairs. Typhoon Lagoon https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/de...yphoon-lagoon/
    or at Typhoon Lagoon https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/de...yphoon-lagoon/

It has been years since we have been there, but I don't remember there being any free umbrellas although photos do show umbrellas around the edges. If there are only a few umbrellas they would be taken as soon as the park opens. I would call the water park and see what your options are the above links have phone numbers.

If you want to use a Sunscreen spray, spray it on before you leave the resort, rub it in wait until it dries and spray your body again. That is the only way to make the sprays close to being as effective as a lotion, plus a lotion helps to moisturize the skin. I would ask your dermatologist if there is a recommended ingredient, lotion versus spray. Don't forget to get a lip balm with SPF.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

We like Blizzard Beach for the family raft ride, chairlift, calmer wave pool, theme, lazy river, & it’s way easier to find shaded areas out of the sun.
    Ron

2008 - Allstar Music, 2009 - POFQ, 2010 - AKL, 2011 - WL, 2012 - WL, 2013 - WL, Mar 2014 - BC , Dec 2014 - AKV Kidani, Mar 2015 - VWL, Oct 2015 - PVB, Mar 2016 - VGC, Mar 2017 - VGC, Mar 2018 - VWL